News   May 17, 2024
 2.8K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Poll: Yonge North Subway Extension

Coonsidering the SSE, the DRL and this, when will this be built?

• First

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • After DRL, but before SSE

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • After SSE, but before DRL

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • After SSE and DRL

Votes: 41 63.1%

• Total voters
It's not really a question of before/after. All indications is that they'll be built and open in a similar timeframe.

The same way both Finch West LRT and Eglinton LRT are currently planned for 2021/2022. (though more of a coincidence there).

First?!

I would actually give up and probably finally take advantage of the EU citizenship I'm eligible for and gtfo of here if that were to happen.

Likely they'll have to narrow the 3 lanes in each direction on Yonge Street when they construct the extension north of Finch. They should leave Yonge Street at 2 lanes in each direction after the construction is finished. If they don't want to narrow the lanes, don't build the extension. Period.

I wish it would happen after the DRL. But I would argue that political expediency means it happens at the same time or even before the DRL.

I wish it would happen after the DRL. But I would argue that political expediency means it happens at the same time or even before the DRL.
If DRL is moving, York is going to push it simultaneously. The new corporate plan targets both in the 2028-2032 period, along with Sheppard East LRT.

I've said it before but my "dream" is to move on the YNSE and have the DRL rolling so it opens within a year or two of YNSE. I don't think a ready-to-go subway should have to wait and I don't think there will be enough new ridership in the short-term to make things worse on Line 1. I think waiting for DRL to be done is a long wait and I think building YNSE without the DRL moving in tandem is obviously dangerous to the network.

That said, guessing how and when these bozos will build anything isn't something I'd bet on.

Back