445     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 658     1 

Politics: Tim Hudak's Plan for Ontario if he becomes Premier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are all ill-served by policies that are too extreme - and I think we do need to pay attention to the fiscal situation the province is facing and that restraining public expenditures and/or increasing revenues for targeted areas of spending is required. What Ontarians have overwhelming rejected is wholesale cut and slash.

AoD

Agreed, the people have spoken and I do love democracy as much as might disagree with the result.

Yep, it was Hudak's race to lose, and he lost it.

When Wynne announced her ambitious tax-and-spend budget, which Horwath chose not to support, I thought she had handed Hudak the election.

But then Hudak came out with his hard-right fire-100000-people and his bizarre create-1-million-jobs claim, and he handed it right back again.

Mind you I thought it was going to be a Liberal minority (albeit with the possibility of a PC minority). I didn't at all believe it was going to be a Liberal majority.

P.S. For the very first time in my life, I voted Green. I actually don't like the Green Party much, but since I disliked all three main parties this time around too, and because my area is overwhelmingly Liberal anyway, I decided to make my vote a single-issue vote: The Green Party is the only party of those four that dared to say they'd merge the public and Catholic school boards. That's something I've wanted since like forever. There should be no publicly funded religious school board in modern Ontario.

I think that was Horwath's strategy. It was Hudak's race to win, but he will be too far right. Then Horwath moves a little bit right and figures that Red Tory's and Liberals opposed to corruption will move to her. She was half right.

Bye bye Timmy. He resigned.
Good riddance.

Hopefully the PCs can bring in someone this time who has more charisma and who is more centrist. And please, please don't try to bring John Tory back into the fold there. Faith based school funding. Like, really?

Amazing results tonight. For anyone here who cares about transit, this is an amazing win.

Bring on the transit, bring on the revenue tools and the construction!

Bye bye Timmy. He resigned.

If he cared about the party, he should have resigned after last summers by-elections. The leadership campaign could have been held at a normally scheduled policy convention and the new leader would not have missed a day in the Legislature.

Bring on more transit, and bring on more deficit and some more taxes too!

I think we're a little past the sound bites at this point. The deficit will get resolved, and now that Wynne has the legitimate mandate of this province behind her, she can get some serious business done.

Bring on more transit, and bring on more deficit and some more taxes too!

It is kind of telling that now that the Liberals win a majority, we have no idea which one of their promises they will keep. SRT or subway. SELRT or subway, transit money from general revenue or new taxes?

I think we're a little past the sound bites at this point. The deficit will get resolved, and now that Wynne has the legitimate mandate of this province behind her, she can get some serious business done.
You may call my post a "sound bite" but in reality I think any logical person should be concerned. This will be a very expensive budget, and all of us will pay for it, some more than others.

People haven't claimed she's moved to the left of the NDP for no reason.

It is kind of telling that now that the Liberals win a majority, we have no idea which one of their promises they will keep. SRT or subway. SELRT or subway, transit money from general revenue or new taxes?
She has already said she's bringing in new taxes, AND will be increasing the deficit.

As Eug said, this election was Hudak's to lose. His whole campaign could've been him smiling, not saying a word and holding up a sign saying "Not Liberals. Not NDP." and he would've won but instead he spooked everyone out with his 100,000 public sector job cut. Every party is going to cut jobs once they're elected. You don't talk about it beforehand! Once the Liberals got wind of that initiative, they latched onto it and pretty much flogged it for all it's worth. Now it's time for the Liberals to prove to all the voters that they chose the best candidate.

Good riddance.

Hopefully the PCs can bring in someone this time who has more charisma and who is more centrist. And please, please don't try to bring John Tory back into the fold there. Faith based school funding. Like, really?

I just hope it's not Doug Ford or Randy Hillier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back