News   Aug 12, 2024
 572     2 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 569     0 

Police Raid Compassion Club

I think it's a rather silly society that allows people to do a stupid thing like destroy their livers while drinking just to call itself liberal.

FTFY

Seems fairly obvious to me that she was trying to knock the hat off his head.

Seems fairly obvious that she's really uncoordinated, it's fairly simple to remove a hat...maybe she should have some training.

Seems fairly obvious to me she was power tripping and bitch slapped his hat off. There no need for excessive force especially when these people are terminally ill or have serious disabilities.

You are making the assumption that all of these people have "serious disabilities" or are "terminally ill".....the police were there because, presumably, there were (after 14 years of being left alone) complaints that not all the "rules" were being followed....is it at all possible that one of the rules not being followed was who was getting access to pot there?

You are making the assumption that all of these people have "serious disabilities" or are "terminally ill".....

You are making the assumption that some of them are not....why do you feel that your assumptions more valis then others?

You are making the assumption that some of them are not....why do you feel that your assumptions more valis then others?

not at all...in fact I have been very careful to say that I am awaiting the facts to come out before judging anything.....the post I was responding to, though, was quite clear
Gabe said:
There no need for excessive force especially when these people are terminally ill or have serious disabilities.

Show me, please, where I have assumed guilt or inosence on either side of this.

I quoted it for you.

You quoted me saying the other person was making an assumption....no where in there does it say, imply, infer or otherwise indicate that I am making the opposite assumption.

Do yourself a favour....flip back and read my previous posts on this topic. All I have been doing is suggesting that people look at it balanced and await the facts...that is it.

And as such, I also believe the government should intervene with people that drink their livers into oblivion. If smoking was the kind of thing that certain people will do it like once a week or something, I might treat it the same as alcohol. Yet cigarettes have consistently shown to addict people so they are smoking packs a day. Of course, I don't know the real hard facts, but I'll guess that if you line up people that regularly consume alcohol against people that regularly smoke cigarettes, people smoking cigarettes will consume a lot more cigarettes than people drinking alcohol. More addictiveness in a substance that is all but certainly more harmful for your health makes me against it in the form that it is used in now.

You are making the assumption that all of these people have "serious disabilities" or are "terminally ill".....the police were there because, presumably, there were (after 14 years of being left alone) complaints that not all the "rules" were being followed....is it at all possible that one of the rules not being followed was who was getting access to pot there?

I'm not making assumptions the facts are everyone who was arrested had a license for medical marijuana, there for they must have some serious disabilities or are terminally ill, how else would they get a medical license? The employees were arrested and charged with drug trafficking since they don't have a license to sell cannabis.

I'm not making assumptions the facts are everyone who was arrested had a license for medical marijuana, there for they must have some serious disabilities or are terminally ill, how else would they get a medical license? The employees were arrested and charged with drug trafficking since they don't have a license to sell cannabis.

If that is correct then i apologize.....I had not read/seen any follow ups to what had been initially published. If the people arrested were not committing a crime then their charges should/will be dropped.

If the employees were selling without a license then they are guilty and their charges should/will be upheld.

Such an emotional issue on both sides, the law and order crowd vs. the live and let live crowd.

Looking the video I see that the man detained at the door appeared to resist and try to push one of the officers out the door. Do that and the response from police is pretty predictable.

The guy thrown to the ground just inside the door, that was just stupid and unnecessary. The guy with the hat hit off his head, no harm done really, but once again unnecessary.

When you read that not just marijuana, but also hash was seized it's possible that this compassion club was perhaps not just selling to those who had a legal right to marijuana. I'm not sure how this law treats hash, is it considered to be a derivative of marijuana and therefore ok to posess?

That being said the police seemed to approach this raid as if it was a crack house not the type of institution it is. A more low key approach would have made a lot more sense. And in the end I wonder if all this fuss just to shut down a place selling marijuana and hash was really necessary. Aren't there more serious drug offenders to be chasing?

Last edited:
When you read that not just marijuana, but also hash was seized it's clear that this compassion club was not just selling to those who had a legal right to marijuana.

they were also selling pastries made with cannibis products as well.....the horror!
You do realise that hash is a cannibis prooduct, don't you?
It's like acting surprised that a LCBO might be selling beer !

they were also selling pastries made with cannibis products as well.....the horror!

I think what he asked, though, is that how the licensing treats it. To continue your analogy, it is not that long ago that the LCBO did not sell beer (at least not domestic beer) because their license did not allow it. The poster asked a question about whether hash is allowed under the terms of the license these places get....no need to "jump on him".

You'll see that I amended my post to ask a clarifying question about how this law treats hash, I should have typed it that way originally.

I am aware of what hash is, the question is how does the law look at it?

And once again given the "haul" from the raid, it seems like a complete waste of time.

Back