News   Aug 12, 2024
 411     2 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 538     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Plenty of businesses offer a discount for paying cash, since they don't have to pay the 1 to 3% for electronic payment. It doesn't mean they're all tax dodgers.

My local garage only got a debit/credit machine last year. He said for a long time that the cost (transaction, line, machine, etc.) didn't justify one, and he's a busy 4-mechanic shop. I haven't noticed if his rates have gone up.
Some small owner-operated businesses that are of the mobile/come to your house type often simply can't afford issue an invoice and have a staffer manage account receivable or pay for a wireless POS terminal. In our rural area, many still take cheques.
One big 'tell' is when a cash job is offered in lieu of an invoice. I've done it, but you need to pick and choose the service. I want a receipt for a reno job or appliance repair in case warrantee or follow-up is required; having my septic tank pumped, not so much.

My local garage only got a debit/credit machine last year. He said for a long time that the cost (transaction, line, machine, etc.) didn't justify one, and he's a busy 4-mechanic shop. I haven't noticed if his rates have gone up.
Some small owner-operated businesses that are of the mobile/come to your house type often simply can't afford issue an invoice and have a staffer manage account receivable or pay for a wireless POS terminal. In our rural area, many still take cheques.
One big 'tell' is when a cash job is offered in lieu of an invoice. I've done it, but you need to pick and choose the service. I want a receipt for a reno job or appliance repair in case warrantee or follow-up is required; having my septic tank pumped, not so much.
The Home Reno Tax Credit did a lot to bring the black market reno business to the legit market. Home owners began demanding invoices.

Conservative leadership battle will be intense as it will likely be seen as the future pm in waiting.

It is good as any leader will be much stronger then Scheer.

Good for liberals short term but once the new leader is elected an election will happen soon after I think depending on how popular they are.

No thanks, the government doesn’t need to always be in our business. When I have work done on my car or house I always pay cash. If the provider doesn’t pay his taxes, no my problem.

I work in construction and I no longer take cash as payment (since I took over the company :p)

--Every homeowner who tries to pay cash is trying to dodge paying sales tax. Pay up, you skint.

--Getting paid in cash can equal not getting paid in full. No documentation to put liens on homes when there's no paper trail. And believe me, you don't want me "taking my work back" instead of going through the courts. It's been fun to do so on the rare occasion but only for us, not the ex-customer.

--They're always trying to get a discount as if paying cash means the work is cheaper. Fine logic, gtfo.

I mean, you can pay with wads of cash, but you best believe you're getting a legit invoice with your name and address on it.

Last edited:
Trudeau must be defeated at all costs. Scheer clearly was never going to be the person to do it, so good riddance!

Pierre Polivere for leader!

I strongly dislike Trudeau as much as the next guy but.....Poilievre? Ffs, man, we're trying to make improvements here!

Did Andrew Scheer just get Patrick Brown-ed? Where's Dougie?

Seriously.

What a non-issue! It's party money and was known to be used to pay for the difference in schooling costs between Saskatchewan and Ontario.

How is this a problem anyway?

Jody Wilson-Raybould called....she wants her job back.

In unrelated news: Wilson-Raybould refuses to give up a part of the office suite she was assigned when she was a minister. Ha! Good on her. She deserves the best office on The Hill. Trudeau should be fetching her firewood for that fireplace I wish she had in her office.

Trudeau must be defeated at all costs. Scheer clearly was never going to be the person to do it, so good riddance!

Pierre Polivere for leader!
Careful what you wish for. Defeat Trudeau this time and you may end up with a Liberal majority on the rest run.

Back