258     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

From link. Last updated on - September 14, 2022, 9:34 PM IST

Canada​

Canada has emerged the most educated country in the world in 2022 and the country has a literacy rate of 60 Percentage, according to OECB data. Almost 89 percentage of people in Canada have managed to get secondary education.​

Russia​

Russia became the second most educated country in the world, according to OECD and the country has a literacy rate of 56.70 Percentage with a population of 145,805,947.​

Japan​

Most of the citizens in Japan can read and write subjects like maths, science and many more. The island nation has the literacy rate of 52.70 Percentage with a population of 125,584,838.​

Luxembourg​

Luxembourg has a literacy rate of 51.30 Percentage, and a population of 642, 371, according to OECD. Notably, the education in Luxembourg is multilingual and consists of fundamental education, secondary education and higher education.​

South Korea​

South Korea ranked as the fifth most educated country in the world with the literacy rate @ 50.70 Percentage and the population of South Korea is 51,329,899.​

Israel​

Israel comes at sixth spot in OECD’s list of most educated country in the world with the population of 8,922,892 and literacy rate of 50.10 Percentage.​

United States of America​

Most of the year, the United States used to dominate rankings of the best universities in the world. However, this year, the US ranked seventh most educated country in the world with a population of 334,805,269 and the literacy rate of 50.10 Percentage​

Ireland​

Ireland is the most educated country in the world is with the population of 5,020,199 and literacy rate of 49.90 Percentage. Interestingly, education is compulsory for all children in Ireland from the ages of six to sixteen or until students have completed three years of second-level education.​

United Kingdom​

The UK came at 10th rank with a population on 68,497,907 and the literacy rate of 49.40 Percentage. The UK education system is divided into four main parts such as primary education, secondary education, further education and higher education.​

Australia​

Australia completes the list of the top 10 most educated countries in the world with the population of 26,068,792 and literacy rate of 49.30 Percentage.​

From link. Dated May 04, 2022

Global Finance 2022 Ranking of the World's Most Technologically Advanced Countries​

RankingCountryComposite Score
1South Korea6.52
2United States5.10
3Denmark5.02
4Switzerland4.72
5Sweden4.63
6Taiwan4.59
7Japan3.94
8Netherlands3.90
9Finland3.89
10Israel3.86
11Singapore3.79
12Norway3.53
13Germany3.46
14Belgium3.30
15Austria2.97
16Canada2.89
17United Kingdom2.84
18United Arab Emirates2.55
19Hong Kong SAR2.54
20Iceland2.23
21Australia2.00
22Estonia1.80
23France1.61
24Luxembourg1.32
25Qatar1.28
26Slovenia1.21
27Czech Republic0.88
28Spain0.57
29New Zealand0.46
30Lithuania0.45
31Ireland0.44
32China0.26
33Malaysia0.26
34Cyprus-0.02
35Poland-0.14
36Hungary-0.15
37Latvia-0.31
38Slovak Republic-0.36
39Portugal-0.49
40Saudi Arabia-0.74
41Italy-0.89
42Thailand-1.32
43Greece-1.33
44Russia-1.37
45Croatia-1.98
46Romania-1.98
47Turkey-2.25
48Chile-2.47
49Kazakhstan-2.55
50Bulgaria-2.59
51Brazil-3.12
52Argentina-3.15
53South Africa-3.22
54Mexico-3.77
55Ukraine-4.15
56Jordan-4.41
57Botswana-5.05
58India-5.10
59Peru-5.15
60Indonesia-5.16
61Philippines-5.51
62Colombia-5.80
63Mongolia-6.21
64Venezuela-8.09

I'm kind of shocked that 40% of the population struggles with reading even simple documents. I'm not sure I know anyone who would fit that criteria. Even my 96 year old ESL grandfather reads a lot of english nonfiction books (his difficulty with reading is eyesight related!)

I mean, how do these people function on the internet?

I'm kind of shocked that 40% of the population struggles with reading even simple documents. I'm not sure I know anyone who would fit that criteria. Even my 96 year old ESL grandfather reads a lot of english nonfiction books (his difficulty with reading is eyesight related!)

I have been involved with adult literacy in the province for years. You would be amazed how people cope. And what a vulnerable population this is.

Wonder if paper income tax forms are still available from a post office or Service Canada offices? How many even know how to request a paper income tax return? Imagine the problems for a first timer, has literacy problems, has computer literacy problems, or unable to read English or French.

Filing your income tax and benefit return on paper

From link.

Income tax package content and delivery​

If you filed on paper last year, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) should mail you the 2022 income tax package. You should receive your package by February 20, 2023.​
The package you should receive includes:​
  • a letter from the Minister of National Revenue and the Commissioner of Revenue
  • the Federal Income Tax and Benefit Guide
  • an information guide for your province or territory (except for the province of Quebec)
  • two copies of the income tax and benefit return
  • Form 428 for your provincial or territorial tax (except for the province of Quebec)
  • an invitation letter and information sheet for the CRA’s File my Return service, if you’re eligible
  • personalized inserts or forms, depending on your eligibility
  • a return envelope
If you don’t receive your package by February 20, 2023, you can:​
It can take up to 10 business days for publications and forms to arrive by mail.​
Orders placed before February 14, 2023, will be mailed to you as soon as the 2022 publications are printed and ready to ship.​

Wonder if paper income tax forms are still available from a post office or Service Canada offices? How many even know how to request a paper income tax return? Imagine the problems for a first timer, has literacy problems, has computer literacy problems, or unable to read English or French.

From link.

If you filed on paper last year, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) should mail you the 2022 income tax package. You should receive your package by February 20, 2023.​
  • a letter from the Minister of National Revenue and the Commissioner of Revenue
  • an information guide for your province or territory (except for the province of Quebec)
  • Form 428 for your provincial or territorial tax (except for the province of Quebec)
  • an invitation letter and information sheet for the CRA’s File my Return service, if you’re eligible
  • a return envelope
It can take up to 10 business days for publications and forms to arrive by mail.​
Orders placed before February 14, 2023, will be mailed to you as soon as the 2022 publications are printed and ready to ship.​

Fortunately there are volunteer income tax clinics across the country who can help. I’ve been a volunteer for 30 years, including 5 years with a clinic at a community centre on King St. This federal program is very successful and helps many people each year.

Depending on what parameters the researchers used, literacy can also include numeracy (I don't know how assessed), and poor math skills have been widely cited.

From link.

• a return envelope

As far as I know, paper documents are still available from Canada Post and Service Canada facilities. As Pink Lucy says, there are numerous community resources out there to assist. In addition to the package, all of the 'T-forms' from employers, financial institutions and the government are in French and English.

As far as I know, paper documents are still available from Canada Post and Service Canada facilities. As Pink Lucy says, there are numerous community resources out there to assist. In addition to the package, all of the 'T-forms' from employers, financial institutions and the government are in French and English.
Many of those "T-forms" are now on-line and could be merged into on-line tax prepares. No more "lost T-forms" as an excuse.

Many of those "T-forms" are now on-line and could be merged into on-line tax prepares. No more "lost T-forms" as an excuse.
Which are of little help to those - for whatever reason - need access to paper T-1 packages.

According to the government. over 13% of taxpayers still file on paper, and 26% of refunds are still issued via cheque.

Interesting that the last two back-to-back posts just go to prove that they are all the same in their lust for the drug of power.

This is what you get when you have a country that thinks like a colony where foreign affairs and national security are delegated to the US.

You know all those folks who ask about why we have a military when the Americans will save us? This is where that kind of thinking leads.

Back