News   May 03, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 640     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 304     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Not sure I get your comment. The Cyclones currently being delivered will be deployed off the future ships.
I was thinking of the long, drawn out saga to replace the Sea Kings. But I’m delighted to learn the federal government is finally taking delivery of new helicopters.

I was thinking of the long, drawn out saga to replace the Sea Kings. But I’m delighted to learn the federal government is finally taking delivery of new helicopters.

It's a long, drawn out saga to replace just about any kit but, yes, it happened in a single lifetime. Huzzah! A young pilot flying one of the new helicopters will perhaps be motivated to take good care of it because they know their grandchildren may well be flying it as well.

Quiet you.... that's how the Doug Ford for mayor thread started.... And we all know how that turned out.

Unless I'm still dreaming.

How about the Submarine purchase. ?

The sub purchase gets slagged a lot. But it was a good deal. It was us letting it rust for years dockside that made that deal bad. Basically we bit off more than we could chew (or rather the government did on our behalf) and then blamed the Brits for choking. If you buy a Ferrari and let it sit in the elements for several years without cranking it once, what do you think will happen to the car?

This is a consequence of not having a defence policy which matches resources (in this case engineering support, techs and sailors) to acquisitions. We're already wondering if we'll see a repeat with the Aussie jets. Some of which are more beaten up than our own.

We took delivery years ago. In the military, delivery isn't the issue. Capability is. The kit should be capable of doing what you need it to do. And the problem with the Cyclones was that achieving "Initial Operating Capability" (IOC) took years from first delivery (Winter 2010). Only achieved this year. And we still have a dozen helos to be delivered. At some points was quite precarious, with the contract almost being cancelled. 8 years for IOC is pretty ridiculous. I've never heard of that in my two decades in the RCAF.

Even worse, we won't hit FOC until 2025. With the support contact ending in 2038. A fleet that will have only been fully capable for 13-20 years (assuming we go past 2038). The TTC gets more out of its streetcars. The EH-101 cancellation is the gift that keeps on giving.

It's a long, drawn out saga to replace just about any kit but, yes, it happened in a single lifetime. Huzzah! A young pilot flying one of the new helicopters will perhaps be motivated to take good care of it because they know their grandchildren may well be flying it as well.

I was posted to a Sea King squadron a decade ago. We had a contest to see who in the squadron was older than the oldest chopper in the hangar. Among the aircrew, only the old men (CO, DCO) won. Even the OPS O, old sod that he was didn't qualify. Though, to be fair, 40s is old in the CAF.... Most people are retiring around 45-50.

Last edited:
Justin Trudeau‏Verified account@JustinTrudeau
Happy 20th birthday to @nationalpost. Thanks for all the support over the years!
1f609.png
Seriously, having different views aired vigorously is the essence of a free press, and vital to the health of our democracy. Many happy returns.

Well played. Nice subtweet of Trump and some shade against Scheer.

So, in the light of Mr. Fords move to trim the whopping 2 paid sick days granted to every (Provincially regulated) worker by the former government, an interesting counter point.

The Federal government is moving to add 3 paid personal leave days for all federally regulated workers, as well as a 4th week paid vacation for those with 10 years of service w/the same employer.

https://business.financialpost.com/...personal-leave-days-as-ontario-cuts-them-back

I will add here that I am supportive of these moves, though I find them insufficiently ambitious still.

So, in the light of Mr. Fords move to trim the whopping 2 paid sick days granted to every (Provincially regulated) worker by the former government, an interesting counter point.

The Federal government is moving to add 3 paid personal leave days for all federally regulated workers, as well as a 4th week paid vacation for those with 10 years of service w/the same employer.

https://business.financialpost.com/...personal-leave-days-as-ontario-cuts-them-back

I will add here that I am supportive of these moves, though I find them insufficiently ambitious still.
I agree that Fords reduction by 2 days is not ambitious enough. :)

I don't suppose you realize that makes no sense whatsoever, since there are only 2 paid sick days provided for in the first place.

Last edited:

Do you work or are you one of those people who I indirectly pay to sit on their arse all day, typing bollocks on a computer?

Legit question.

Do you work?

Wait.....have you ever worked for any substantial period of time?

@BurlOak

Do you work?

This is not an irrelevant question.

I'm trying to understand why you would begrudge me my entitlements as a worker when those are the only ones I have as I don't play accounting tricks with my taxes, don't qualify for any loopholes or other entitlements. All I do is break my back to pay in and house people.

Why am I a piece of shit, unworthy of any fair treatment?
My hard work and social contributions aren't enough for you?

Should I stop working?

Do you work?

I know you can read this. Answer the question.

Ok, that deletion was a bit better than an arbitrary banning without explanation or warning.

Cheers.

Still don't know if @BurlOak actually works since they are so keen on cutting workers down.

Never mind BurlOak, I have to help pay Doug Ford's salary whilst he attacks my entitlements.
How does that work?

Back