News   May 03, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 660     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 305     0 

Please rate this Floor plan. Vu South Tower

That's a very large bedroom and the living/dining is ample size. For a unique shape, it's very well layed out.

I think the linen closet in the bathroom is a nice touch. It looks like you'll have extra space around the W/D for bits of storage, you can store things in the corner of the closet at the entrance and when you add the walk-in closet and the pantry this is a well designed space for storage which is often a challenge with condos. I say this layout gets an A+ for storage possibilities.

The only downside I see (and this is being picky) is that the bedroom gets all the windows and the living room only gets sliding doors (and maybe a window to the right?). But the living room looks like one that will be very easy and flexible to furnish. A plus with the bedroom is that I can see a desk against the window by the balcony. So the size of the bedroom and the angle can make for a nice bedroom/office looking outside which I, personally, find to be very attractive. I'm hoping to fit a desk into the bedroom of my new condo, but I expect it'll be a tight squeeze.

Lots of pluses with this layout and any negatives would be minor, IMO.

Thanks for the review. Any idea if I can hire someone to do furniture layout. Or if some one can give some pointers.

Much obliged.

For such an awkward shape, that's an excellent layout. I agree with Urban Vigor about the light issue, but it should be ok.

That's a massive bdrm for a 750 sq ft place and one of the better layouts I've seen at Vu. I disagree with the suggestion that you put a desk in your bdrm. IMO the bdrm should be your love nest and chill out place. Having a desk there suggests work and not love and relaxation. You have enough space in your room for a couple of chairs and a small coffee table. It would be a great place to read the newspaper on a Sat morning while having a cup of coffee in your pjs enjoying the morning sun.

That's a great idea, Catapult.

It all comes down to personal preference. I would love to have a desk against the window on an angle looking outside. A desk doesn't always suggest work at all. There are some mighty fine desks out there that contribute to daily life and wouldn't it be great reading threads on UrbanToronto on your laptop or desktop while enjoying a nice view. :) And if you happen to have to get some work done then might as well make it a place that you love to work. Also a desk can also be a part of any love nest... sometimes you just might not make it to the bed. ;)

A couple of chairs and small coffee table there is a real nice idea. Especially since during the winter months, you won't be able to have a cup of coffee on your balcony. That setup would make a great alternative.

The great thing about the size of your bedroom is that you have so much flexibility and space to do all kinds of things... decor wise, that is. ;)

I think the only downsides are the following:

1- There may be little light in the kitchen given the few windows in the living room;

2- The bedroom seems to be oversized given the overall size of the unit.

I think the only downsides are the following:

1- There may be little light in the kitchen given the few windows in the living room;

2- The bedroom seems to be oversized given the overall size of the unit.

Well i like to have light in the kitchen, but as you may have noticed that there arent many designs where kitchen has a window. Plans with kitchen windows are way out of my price range. I have no idea why real estate market to messed up given the fact that i make almost 3x the national averge income and it took me a while put that 25% down to avoid that mortgage insurance.

For me the biggest selling point was the large bedroom which is a far cry from 9by9 bedrooms common these days.

I am thinking of buying a chaise from EQ3 i Would like to put it at a 45 dgree angle in the glass corner of the bedroom with a small, very small; block side table 1foot cube to be precise. That could be used for morning coffee and working on your laptop or use as a "love nest". hehehe

Thank you for your responses, much appreciated.

Last edited:
Well i like to have light in the kitchen, but as you may have noticed that there arent many designs where kitchen has a window.

Considering most of the time a unit is not going to be on a corner, it's imperative to have windows along the living room with the kitchen set back. Besides, proper kitchen lighting will take care of that.

I am thinking of buying a chaise from EQ3 i Would like to put it at a 45 dgree angle in the glass corner of the bedroom with a small, very small; block side table 1foot cube to be precise. That could be used for morning coffee and working on your laptop or use as a "love nest". hehehe

THAT is an awesome idea! Definitely go with a chaise and small side table. With the size of the room you have and that angle, that is a tremendous way to go! It will also make your room feel more comfortable and luxurious.

Back