2.6K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

Petition for better transit in Scar almost ready

M

miketoronto

Just to update you guys. There will be a petition coming around soon for people to sign, demanding the TTC regig routes and provide better faster bus service to Scarborough residents, including EXPRESS bus services to downtown, and more direct routes.

If you guys know anyone in Scarborough or even yourselfs(even if you don't live in Scarborough) that would like to sign the petition, let me know.

Right now it is being written up by someone and it should be ready soon.

The time has come to hold the TTC accountable to provide better services to the east end.

I thought people in Scarborough wanted a subway?

just speculation, but i suppose the purpose of this petition would be to create a network of effective surface transit. a subway from kennedy to scarborough centre can only take the residents so far, improved bus service is also greatly needed.

Ahh... you haven't been on the forum for long. You will soon learn that whatever miketoronto says is automatically wrong.

Right now it is being written up by someone and it should be ready soon.

Is that your ghostwriter?
I'd love to solve that mystery of who is behind some mysterious posts by your user that seem to have been written by someone else.

I've been told who the ghostwriter is. I'm not going to say who it is, but all I can say that I smell a lot of irony around here.

There have been no weird posts by my user name. That happened once a couple weeks ago, but no one has gotten ahold of my user name since then.

There have been no weird posts by my user name. That happened once a couple weeks ago, but no one has gotten ahold of my user name since then.

I think that's the first time I've read a denial and an admission of the same thing in one paragraph.

"There is a certain somebody who wants express buses."

I want express buses - not to downtown, but on routes like Finch. The 190 STC Rocket is essentially a Viva route along Sheppard and its ridership seems to double every year...the same thing could work along a dozen other streets.

"Is that your ghostwriter?
I'd love to solve that mystery of who is behind some mysterious posts by your user that seem to have been written by someone else."

dinaanastasi-140-exp-Ghostwriter.jpg

"I've been told who the ghostwriter is. I'm not going to say who it is, but all I can say that I smell a lot of irony around here."

What would it take to pry this information out of you?

Elaine: I'll put it in the vault.
Jerry: No good. Too many people know the combination.
Elaine: What combination?
Jerry: *mimes drinking schnapps*

you guys are mean...

... but i really want an express route from my driveway to the office... once a day in each direction is sufficient.

thx

_______
sign here

First of all dziogo, the demand for better bus service in Scarborough has never been about express buses from my front door to downtown or anyones front door. So that joke does not wash.

The point is Scarborough needs better designed routes, sch as express, local, and limited stop, to provide the proper services.

i used to live in scarborough long long time ago and didnt find the bus routes being any different than anywhere else (typical south / north subway connections and some east west routes along major streets). also the frequency seemed ok. I was on the warden south / birchmount route and was no problem getting to/from subway.

dziogo: miketoronto just happens to live at the intersection of two arterial roads along which four well-used bus routes run - where else should express buses go?

"I was on the warden south / birchmount route and was no problem getting to/from subway."

If you lived here than you know that one example is not at all typical for the entire borough. Try taking the Neilson or Morningside buses to the subway and see how long it takes. The same is true of like every bus route in Rexdale.

Back