News   May 10, 2024
 2K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Personal Subway for Toronto?

LAz

Member Bio
Reaction score
some freak has been building his own personal metro, for 26 years, and it's close to being finished.

Would something like this work in Toronto?

Yes with one person building it that would keep costs down and if it takes 26 years or so well that's timeframes that Toronto is more than accustomed to for getting subways built anyway.

LAz, I think there's a similar thread to this one.

Can this be...
A retired man single-handledly defeat TTC in subway construction?

that's great, lets have everyone in Toronto tunnel thier own subway and the city can eventually sink and collapse ALA 2012 style

How about a few engineers plan and check it on their free time? So many ex-miners now in construction or transport.

How about a few engineers plan and check it on their free time? So many ex-miners now in construction or transport.
I doubt that they'd be able to afford the multi-million insurance policies that they would be required to take out to check it in their free time.

I'm assuming this retiree didn't have insurance to get in his way. His tunnel still met technical requirements though. Can you be sued for saying "Oh hey, wow, nice tunnel, but that wall doesn't look like it has enough shoring"?

I'm assuming this retiree didn't have insurance to get in his way. His tunnel still met technical requirements though. Can you be sued for saying "Oh hey, wow, nice tunnel, but that wall doesn't look like it has enough shoring"?
In Russia - perhaps not.

Are we seriously discussing this? Subway cars carrying 3-4 people? This isn't a subway, it's an old-fashioned mine railway.

In Russia - perhaps not.

Are we seriously discussing this? Subway cars carrying 3-4 people? This isn't a subway, it's an old-fashioned mine railway.

Why not? haha

All jokes aside, at least it would be a great subway for tykes and toddlers or children who are a little older who want to connect their treehouses.

Back