News   May 07, 2024
 477     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 385     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 336     0 

Parkdale graffiti

Hydrogen: Don't poo poo the poo poo - they ask for graffiti by name these days.

But is a Sheridan grad not still on a par with a first year OCAD dropout?

Hydrogen: Don't poo poo the poo poo - they ask for graffiti by name these days.

But is a Sheridan grad not still on a par with a first year OCAD dropout?

No, Sheridan grads actually are employable.

Sheridan is one of the top 3 animation schools in north america, the same can't be said for OCAD. I actually went to OCAD then transfered to Sheridan, I actually wanted to work not think deep thoughts about making no money.

Indeed - I know several OCAD graduates who occasionally hire them.

Must be the ones who haven't made it to LA or Vancouver yet. There are some.

Oh, OCAD grads are working, and hiring grads from trade schools like Sheridan, all over the world ...

Can't imagine there are many Sheridan grads in particular around the world needed to flip burgers, but hey, if you say so... :)

Ah, what a life the OCAD student has. Four years sampling the finest BC home grown, dreaming of the one-in-a-million opportunity to enter a mid-level sinecure in Ottawa, blow millions on "Voice of Fire", and purport to a nation full of clever men and women that you understand art and they don't. :D

Anything beats spraypainting derivative, cartoonish, visual pollution onto garage walls in Parkdale back alleys like some famous Sheridan graduates, perhaps trying to save their pennies so they can get a job flipping burgers somewhere.

Anything beats spraypainting derivative, cartoonish, visual pollution onto garage walls in Parkdale back alleys

Oh, does it? Fair enough. Perhaps I could post a few photos of your friends' burgers hereabouts. :)

First he probably had permission to paint there. Two, why must you poo-poo other people's artist expression?

First, you don't know that he had permission, so why bring it up. And second, since I'm entitled to my opinion, I think it looks like crap. He could keep his expressions to himself, no?

The surface paint is already peeling. Most of it will have flaked off in a few years. An OCAD first year dropout would have at least known how to prime the surface correctly - though this most famous of Sheridan grads, whoever he is, obviously didn't.

First, you don't know that he had permission, so why bring it up. And second, since I'm entitled to my opinion, I think it looks like crap. He could keep his expressions to himself, no?

Why did I bring it up?

"And yet he still must crayon on other people's walls."

I'm glad that you think it looks like crap, everyone has different tastes. If the owner gave him permission to express himself on his property than he has every right to do so. Which gives you every right to critique his work. It doesn't mean that you have to jump to conclusions about someones training based on the medium used.
If you think it's so easy why not give it a try?

The surface paint is already peeling. Most of it will have flaked off in a few years. An OCAD first year dropout would have at least known how to prime the surface correctly - though this most famous of Sheridan grads, whoever he is, obviously didn't.

no matter how much you prime, spray paint will flake, peel and fade over time. Don't blame him, blame Krylon.

an ocad grad would still be thinking the deep thoughts about working the cash at starbucks

More likely chuckling about how when you Google "Sheridan College" the first hits you get are for some equally career-limiting institution of the same name in the mountains of Wyoming that boasts a Rodeo Club and a Welding Club as the highlight of the extra-curricular activities on offer.

That's interesting, but I can't see those copper works staying in place, because it's like a gift to scrappers and copper thieves. I'd like to see some reverse graffiti.

I remember as a kid, living in the country, my buddy wizzed his name into the rusting side of a railway bridge and it became permanent - is that like reverse graffiti? I suppose it was really an early form of tagging. I personally have no issue with whatever medium is used though nowadays, I think the taggers lack a sense of imagination.

Back