News   Jul 17, 2024
 336     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 757     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1K     2 

Park Lake Residences (Pemberton, 2x 18s, Burka)

It's very possible that I've been jaded by the render. I've been seeing the render (which Josef is using as his avatar) for more than 3 years now and was expecting something in reality to at least hint at a shimmer... or at least hint at high-end... or use larger pieces of reflective glass without all the mullions.

I was misled by the marketing. In reality it will just be another mediocre Toronto condo building.

I do, however, also love the floor to ceiling windows.

"I was misled by the marketing". Hmmm, where have I heard that b4.:cool:

The glass is less green than in the renderings, which I like. The podium cladding on the other hand hmmmm.....:confused:

These were taken last Friday while I was walking along the lake. I do like the way they look.

Thanks for the photos, Pretzel. They confirm the glass being more blue than green, which I like better.

DSC01056.jpg

DSC01057.jpg

Blurry shots taken saturday. better some than none

Attachments

• DSC01056.jpg
    DSC01056.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC01057.jpg
    DSC01057.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 246
Just saw PL today and the west tower rooftop is slowly progressing further. They're also placing windows on the 8th floor west tower, west side.

Does anyone think they're going to complete the lakeview gallery suites first in order to further promote them?

The podium is really inelegant. Thanks for not trying hard, Pemberton.

in fairness though ... comparing Park Lake with Pemberton's other projects completed to date in North York + Richmond Hill, this project is really turning out to be a gem ~

Pemberton isn't exactly know for quality and design ~

No, they aren't known for their design quality, so they have a lot to prove over at Uptown and U where they really upped their prices...

Here though, I don't see how you can call this a gem. So far it's just a bunch of inelegant boxes on top of each other. The podium is an ungainly, heavy looking block (despite it being clad in white), and, while it's unfair to level judgment against the towers as they are unfinished, they don't look that promising to me. While they don't look like they'll be horrible, neither do they look gem-like in any way.

The question remains as to why something across the street from the lake didn't have a little more imagination or flair applied to the design: this thing would look far better amongst the industrial buildings of the entertainment district than it does here in the midst of lakefront parkland. I'm not asking for doodads and pippypoos - I like minimal modernism - I'm asking for graceful lines and aesthetically pleasing proportions (which I admit are in the eye of the beholder), and I behold none here.

they've got us there

it's pretty much undeniable: Park Lake isn't the most stunning or innovative in terms of its design. I think most of us bought it for its location, which is by far its best selling point.

Having said that, I do wish that my future home could have been a bit more eye-catching, and less like a Toyota Corolla of condominiums.

And having just said that, I'm sure that if Park Lake was that much more cooler looking, I probably couldn't have afforded it...

I think some people here are being a little hard on PL. With the majority of condominiums here in Toronto, you're not going to find many that are strikingly beautiful. I think we're known to be a little conservative. The design and materials used for PL are quite generic, but tasteful for the area. It's simply a nice building that fits in the middle (and no I'm not referring to fitting in the middle of the Gardnier and Lakeshore;) Wait until its complete and as time progresses, PL will likely grow on you. Take into consideration as well that the building itself isn't that large, so I'm sure the budget wasn't the highest. Also, I believe the original request was to build towers that were much taller with retail mixed at the bottom, but that wasn't approved.

As a side note, has anyone seen the south view of PL? It's lovely seeing a caged area on the Lakeshore parking lot temporarily placed for garbage:D
That may draw more attention for people to notice PL.

Back