News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.8K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 691     1 

Park Lake Residences Condos (Pemberton Group) - Real Estate -

I can't believe they deleted my post from last night, not cool!!! Still fuming...:mad:

Apatel: when you join UrbanToronto.ca you agree to abide by certain rules, which includes keeping the language clean, and posting in the appropriate places. Following the rules keeps the forum running smoothly for everyone.

In the meantime, thank you for your post above: it has a lot of worthwhile content for those reading this forum, and gets your point across very succinctly.

No need to fume!

buddy this is the toronto condo market, they can do whatever they want, they run the show. they can give you a cupboard and say thats a walk in closet, too bad.

they can keep delaying if they want, they can do whatever they want.

Couchiching and Top of towers

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all well. Very disappointed by extreme delays in construction but moving on.......

1-What do you guys n gals think of the Couchiching on the 6th floor? Thank you Josef for mentioning that there are 2 left on 6th floor of each tower. I know someone that is interested and I am not sure what to advise them. I would be happy to have them as neighbors but also wonder if those 2 are left until last for a reason (and their price after discounts is a very low $370K!!!)

2-We all agree that the best part of PL is the location/view. Which truly makes me wonder why there has not been better use of the rooftop of the towers. Why can't the gym or party room or whatever amenity be located on the top with that spectacular view of the city/lake???? It would have made perfect sense to me. The machines/equipment get the best view in the house basically. This concept is not that foreign to Pemberton since they are employing it in their U towers on Bay street.

Thanx Josef for always being positive.
Apatel that is a good breakdown. I am familiar with Tarion and how brutal they are when dealing with small builders/vendors. I look forward to seeing how they deal with big players like Pemberton. I think we all know that in the end Caddyfleet is sadly correct.

I don't recall them ever stating any move in date as firm or confirmed. It was always tentative. Perhaps April was the first confirmed date. I am not sure.

Does anyone know if we can anticipate getting even newer appliances (2010 models?), as the sales office representatives mentioned that we clearly won't be getting the models show in the model suite, but ones that are most up to date.

Josef,

The appliances are indeed new (very sleek actually). Did you not visit the appliance showroom in Concord?

I didn't actually, but I think I will visit now that you mentioned it. I glanced over GE's website, but there was quite a selection to see. When did you visit ric?

In the fall. I wanted to upgrade the washer to front loaded. ($800 extra). The new model fridge is very nice (I think it comes with a touch screen LED display)

Ric,

I made an appointment at the GE show room, despite the fact that I wasn't able to upgrade, because apparently, that option was only available until the end of November. The sales representative was incredibly sweet and she informed me that the appliances have been ordered and are shipping. Its looking like we will move in this time around. I took some photos with my phone, but I forgot to take a pic of the microwave, which is the same one as above. Regarding the "upgrades", I don't think it was worth to upgrade the washer/dryer as the only option was just as hideous. At least, its hidden behind a door. I'm very impressed with the refrigerator and it seems to be larger than the 22 cu ft that we were supposed to get. The technology is amazing with the rapid beverage cooling and defrosting containers.

Here are the pics:

The stove shown here is the exact same model, but we're clearly getting
a flat top.

What a lovely washer & dryer :rolleyes:
Are these all standard? If so, that's a great applicance package.

Yes, they are all standard. I do appreciate that its GE profile, as opposed to the regular GE line:)

The standard features at Park Lake would be at least a 50K upgrade at other developments. Real Hardwood Floors, undermount sinks, appliance package( GE Profile), frameless glass showers, extended upper cabinets with valance lighting, 3" thick granite counters and parking.

The standard features at Park Lake would be at least a 50K upgrade at other developments. Real Hardwood Floors, undermount sinks, appliance package( GE Profile), frameless glass showers, extended upper cabinets with valance lighting, 3" thick granite counters and parking.

That should be 1.5" thick granite. 3" thick would be take a Crane to put in.:D

New comer

Hi, I'm Yu. I purchased a unit at LP. Nice to see a hot discussion here. I really want to join you guys and get to know my dear neighbours:)

I bought the Champlain on 12th floor in East tower, a small unit but i think it should be nice for a single. Btw, I checked the thread in projects and construction, and I thought you guys have been transferred here. Is it still in use?

Definitely not. I really like the unit and I have a little upgrade with the floor and kitchen, So it must be pretty nice, not to say the view of lake. I just can't wait till the occupany date. It's such a "torture"~

And moreover, I'm not sure whether the Champlain in West tower is different form the one in East, or the builder changed the suit plan. My floor plan just switches the locations of the kichen and the washroom. Now the kithchen is smaller but it's more functional, cuz now the washroom is close to the bedroom.

Back