News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.3K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Park Lake Residences Condos (Pemberton Group) - Real Estate -

Honestly...though it's the most "gov housing project" thing in these parts, relative to the rest of the nabe, it's benign.

Sometimes, it doesn't pay to tie your phobias too tight.

Whoa, Josef, you might want to relax a little here. Also, I am not sure how much control you have over what is posted in the thread or not!

That said, that supposed project housing complex at the corner is like adma puts it, benign. If anything, I think it better that we don't refer to these housing complexes as ghettos - by comparison this complex and the many like it across the city are nothing near ghetto status- you might want to look at what a ghetto is and or better still, looks like.

p5

Josef, we are allowed opinions, some might say there are negative and others would say they are just opinions. I understand that you want to defend your community, but its good to step out of your situation and be objective sometimes. I'm not saying anything negative about the neighboourhood, and the building, just making comments.

If you want people to not make negative comments then you might as well live in a stepford world. The reality is we all have our views and are entitled to share them with others. Nothing wrong with a little debate.

On a side note, I am fairly new to this site and just wondering how to quote someone else on my reply? I'm a little slow.

Josef, we are allowed opinions, some might say there are negative and others would say they are just opinions. I understand that you want to defend your community, but its good to step out of your situation and be objective sometimes. I'm not saying anything negative about the neighboourhood, and the building, just making comments.

If you want people to not make negative comments then you might as well live in a stepford world. The reality is we all have our views and are entitled to share them with others. Nothing wrong with a little debate.

On a side note, I am fairly new to this site and just wondering how to quote someone else on my reply? I'm a little slow.

thanks josef, much appreciated

lol, Drew, you ended up quoting your posting, instead of mine:p Make sure in the future, that you click the quote button on the bottom of the person's posting, not the top.

oops better now.......damn technology!!!!

THANKS for the help, now lets debate.......!

I'm not 110% percent sure, but I believe it is a government funded building. There is a few in the area, but I wouldn't let it get to you too much. Those residents don't go any further south than the street car stop. You'll generally find by lake shore, high park, Sobey's plaza and so fourth, that there's quite a bit of friendly people who respect and live in the nice areas.

It's really none of your business why caddy fleet is asking that particular question. I assumed, that I made it clear that I don't want your comments and negativity in this thread.

Not to dredge this but...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha...

It's really none of your business why caddy fleet is asking that particular question. I assumed, that I made it clear that I don't want your comments and negativity in this thread.

The following comments are for everyone.

This is everybody's thread, and no-one gets to choose who posts what here: negative comments are allowed. Rudeness is not. Watch how you refer to each other here, or your privileges here may be affected.

Last edited:
Not sure about the projected increase.

Did PL follow the recent trend of hydro readings being seperate from the Maint fee's? That is a great idea of late and will be a huge factor on Maint fee increases.

"The Couchicing"

Do you know what they are asking for the two that are left?

Thanks,

Wtf

That 3 months delay is gonna screw me royally. Thanks Pemberton :(

They have been building for over 2 years now. What the hell is going on. Why are they sending me 3 months delay letter when they already sent me a "confirmed" occupancy date?

U need to get on this case Josef. Next time I'll buy from a reputable builder

sonofa...
Just got the letter this morning. I just love how there's zero explanation. Just a 'deal with it' mentality. And here I was thinking about doing some boxing day shopping in preparation of the move-in...

Tarion - Home Warranty Program (tarion.com)
- All builders in Ontario required to register with Tarion
Confirmed occupancy v. Tentative occupancy
- If say tentative, then can delay as many times as they want
- If say confirmed, from the date on which you rec'd letter of confirmed date, they can only delay 2 times from confirmed date:
- Max 135 days - 1 major delay and 1 minor delay - 120 days for major and 15 days for minor
- Major delay must be before minor delay
- Must give 65 days notice for major delay and 35 days for minor
- Can claim up to $5k max if breach, only after occupancy
- Call Tarion, asked for delayed occupancy package
- 416.229.3844 - ask for Marrien (x.3132)

I was given a 'confirmed' occupancy date of April 21 2010, and have been delayed to July 21, 2010 - that constitutes a major delay, so only a 15 day minor delay is now possible. I suggest that anyone who has been delayed for greater than 120 days from their confirmed occupancy date take action and seek compensation.

I can't believe they deleted my post from last night, not cool!!! Still fuming...:mad:

Delay and occupancy

Hello guys,

I haven't been on here in ages.
I just got the letter today. I am devastated:(
I bought in West tower in 2006 and really truly believed that April 2010 was the end of all delays. I cannot believe this letter stating 'July 2010' as occupancy date.

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am.

Back