News   May 08, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   May 08, 2024
 2.9K     3 

Parc Downsview Park

Well, I'm ambivalent. I'm working up there for the next several months, so I have a stake in it as it stands, if only temporarily. But ultimately I'd be happy to see the area completely renewed, believe me. And if film and television production were to move elsewhere.... so be it.

I can certainly see why the Stones played up here.... the place is sprawling and can easily accommodate huge crowds.

If anyone wants to help nature along up in Downsview Park this weekend, you might be interested in giving some of your time for this TTC and Parc Downsview Park-organized event:

Come out and participate in Downsview Park’s annual Earth Day tree planting! To celebrate Canada 150 Downsview Park is hosting a series of exciting activities along with tree planting.

TTC’s Community Liaisons will be at the event sharing information on the future Line 1 extension and the Sustainability features at each of the new stations.

Sunday, April 23, 2017
11 a.m. – 4 p.m.

To register for this event: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/downsview-park-earth-day-2017-tickets-32096907715

This event will be held in Downsview Park at Canuck and John Drury (not at the future subway station).

For more information on upcoming project events please visit our website here.

Kind regards,

TYSSE Community Liaisons

We have a new front page story up about a newly opened recreational trail through the parc/park.

Back