Panorama Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

Just got called from Canada Post. They've done the inspection for the lock panel and mail service is now starting. They did a delivery of mail today so everything that was held at 600 Commissioners is now delivered. They said it'll take a few weeks before they get full service but the good news is that we've got our mail.

Hi guys,

I was wondering what the fastest way to get to downtown would be using the TTC in the morning? Take streetcar 509 to Union or 511 on Bathurst then go east on either King/Queen/Dundas, then take the subway?? Or any other suggestions?

Hi Guys, I am not sure if anyone has had a chance to have a look at the amenities, but they have been open since last Wednesday. I am getting very worry of the state in which the building is getting to. The first thing that was noticeable was the number of cigarette butts every where. I have noticed them in front of the entrance door and now in the common areas. According to the security there are a few tenants who don't seem to understand that we live here and treat the whole building as their own garbage ground. This is not how I would like my home to be regarded of. I am sure all owners agree that this is unacceptable especially since we have only been here for just a month. Another issue that we really need to discuss is the matter in which all areas are being finished by the contractors. The ceiling in the party room has already come down due to air conditioning condensation and water damage and I found out that this is not the first time, but they keep fixing the ceiling without actually fixing the problem. There has been a lot of water damage due to the recent rain fall that we have had. The drainage is not able to carry the water out and the large amount of water has damaged the lobby and there was over 4 inches of water in parts of parking level 3. Also it seems like that about 70% of the building is being rented out and or owned by investors, which means we need to take steps to fix all these problems and fast.
The first thing that we should all do is to call Estela and arrange for a meeting, we need to figure out when the board is going to be chosen and to deal with these issues right away. The longer we wait the more we have to pay to fix the items in the building that the renters have neglected and destroyed or the ones the contractor has not fixed properly. I would also like to see an independent inspector to be hired to have a look at all the things in the building.
If you guys are up for it, PM me and we can get together to figure out what to do, in the mean time I will be calling Estela tomorrow to voice my concerns. If you guys have any better ideas, please let me know.

Really unfortunate but not surpising a all. Cityplace caters to investors so it's no surprise that the building is comprised of mostly renters. Workmanship has always seemed to be an issue. Hopefully everything gets sorted out.

Hi Guys, I am not sure if anyone has had a chance to have a look at the amenities, but they have been open since last Wednesday. I am getting very worry of the state in which the building is getting to. The first thing that was noticeable was the number of cigarette butts every where. I have noticed them in front of the entrance door and now in the common areas. According to the security there are a few tenants who don't seem to understand that we live here and treat the whole building as their own garbage ground. This is not how I would like my home to be regarded of. I am sure all owners agree that this is unacceptable especially since we have only been here for just a month. Another issue that we really need to discuss is the matter in which all areas are being finished by the contractors. The ceiling in the party room has already come down due to air conditioning condensation and water damage and I found out that this is not the first time, but they keep fixing the ceiling without actually fixing the problem. There has been a lot of water damage due to the recent rain fall that we have had. The drainage is not able to carry the water out and the large amount of water has damaged the lobby and there was over 4 inches of water in parts of parking level 3. Also it seems like that about 70% of the building is being rented out and or owned by investors, which means we need to take steps to fix all these problems and fast.
The first thing that we should all do is to call Estela and arrange for a meeting, we need to figure out when the board is going to be chosen and to deal with these issues right away. The longer we wait the more we have to pay to fix the items in the building that the renters have neglected and destroyed or the ones the contractor has not fixed properly. I would also like to see an independent inspector to be hired to have a look at all the things in the building.
If you guys are up for it, PM me and we can get together to figure out what to do, in the mean time I will be calling Estela tomorrow to voice my concerns. If you guys have any better ideas, please let me know.

Due deligence. Always research the builder you are purchasing from. Also look at who is buying in the project; Are they all investors or end users? My advice, look to sell ASAP. Ur living in a rental building.

I think most pre-construction buildings are bought by investors. Most of the end users buy from the investors when they sell off. It would be hard to buy a building mainly bought by end users at pre-construction.

The best would be to buy a townhouse/detached if you want to avoid this issue. Otherwise buy older buildings where you can research how many renters/owners live in the building. The other option is to wait it out to see if the investors sell off within a year after closing. But even then, you might have investors buying from investors to rent out rather than live.

I wonder if maybe surveillance cameras could be placed at certain locations and you fine the people damaging the property or disobeying the rules.

Due deligence. Always research the builder you are purchasing from. Also look at who is buying in the project; Are they all investors or end users? My advice, look to sell ASAP. Ur living in a rental building.

I guess next time I will not put my trust into Realtors hand and research it myself, as it was my agent who recommended this building. Nonetheless I am not looking as to what I should have done, though I appreciate everyones concerns, but I am looking for fellow owners to fix things going forward.

I guess next time I will not put my trust into Realtors hand and research it myself, as it was my agent who recommended this building. Nonetheless I am not looking as to what I should have done, though I appreciate everyones concerns, but I am looking for fellow owners to fix things going forward.

Realtors/sales agents are evil (not all, but many only see $$$ and don't care about their clients). There are certain builders I wouldn't by from... Concorde is one of them.

There are certain builders I wouldn't by from... Concorde is one of them.

Daniels is one builder I would recommend to stay even further away from than Concord Adex

Last edited:
Daniels is one builder I would recommend to stay even further away from than Concord Adex

Add Cresford and you now have the top three to steer clear of. From everything I've read on this forum these guys have certainly earned this dubious honor.

With all due respect, it's honestly not Concord, Daniels, Cresford, etc that are to blame. The role of the developer is to act as the money behind the production. The developer has power over the general concept of the construction. The actual details and quality control are the responsibility of the contractor. With extremely tight deadlines for any type of construction these days and a general lack of skilled labor, shortcuts are getting more common everyday. Even houses aren't built the same way as they used to be.

The way I see it is all we can do is point out the problems on the warranty forms and point out to the contractors what isn't done to par (as opposed to accepting subpar work).

With all due respect, it's honestly not Concord, Daniels, Cresford, etc that are to blame. The role of the developer is to act as the money behind the production. The developer has power over the general concept of the construction. The actual details and quality control are the responsibility of the contractor. With extremely tight deadlines for any type of construction these days and a general lack of skilled labor, shortcuts are getting more common everyday. Even houses aren't built the same way as they used to be.

The way I see it is all we can do is point out the problems on the warranty forms and point out to the contractors what isn't done to par (as opposed to accepting subpar work).

perhaps, but it's the developer that chooses and pays the contractor.
if the work was subpar in the mind of the developer, then why as a developer would they continue to use the same contractor for other projects ???
the developers seems to choose the contractor based solely on $$$ bids.

The thing is it's not entirely the contractor. Actually I found out who some of the subtrades are for this building. The general contractor hires subtrades for steel, concrete, electrical, elevators, plumbing, HVAC, etc (and these subtrades differ between projects) so you can actually get quite a variation between buildings, even with the same general contractor.

The trend lately in ALL construction is "fast-tracked" construction. The turnaround times and deadlines are extremely tight. In Concord's view, this is what they want since from a pure financial point of view, this makes the most sense (no sense in paying all the taxes and expenses when they can have it completed and turned over to the customers and start bringing in some money). And with fast-tracked projects, the contractors have no choice sometimes but to hire additional staff to handle the load (many of which are not qualified but are hired because they just need a warm body to fill a position).

(and I could go on about the need to improve the quality control of construction projects in response to these fast-tracked projects but that's another discussion altogether).

I see the windows have been washed. The building looks much better with clean windows!

Back