News   Jul 15, 2024
 361     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 499     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2K     1 

Palin vs. Biden--Vice Presidential Debate

LOL

SNL always does great impressions, they have a real hit with their Palin skits.

Lastly, the previous job experience. I am sick of lawyers. It seems like there are way too many lawyers getting public office.

All that said, I do prefer Obama, but people should at least hit Palin on her actual policy failings.....foregin policy, simplistic understanding of legal decisions, etc.

Keithz:
Is this because you're prejudiced against the legal profession? If so, please allow me to vent my prejudice against those in business becoming president. No more George W. Bush or Mitt Romney for me. No thanks.

America has turned some lawyers into not-so-bad presidents before. Lincoln and Clinton come to mind.

Also, it seems like you're in a paradox. You don't want a lawyer (someone with a thorough understanding of legal decisions) as president, but you don't want someone with a simplistic understanding of legal decisions either.

Keithz:
Is this because you're prejudiced against the legal profession? If so, please allow me to vent my prejudice against those in business becoming president. No more George W. Bush or Mitt Romney for me. No thanks.

America has turned some lawyers into not-so-bad presidents before. Lincoln and Clinton come to mind.

Also, it seems like you're in a paradox. You don't want a lawyer (someone with a thorough understanding of legal decisions) as president, but you don't want someone with a simplistic understanding of legal decisions either.

I meant in the general sense. It does seem to me that far to many lawyers seek office. Just have a look at the number of MPs and MPPs who are lawyers. Its not that I have something against the legal profession, but just like you argue that businessmen should not dominate political life, I would argue the same for the legal profession. Having any country's political life dominated by an elite with specific limited background sets, is hardly representative of the average person.

As to someone not understanding the implications of the bills they are signing, that's what staff are for.... I am fairly sure that even most Ministers with law degrees read their own bills in their entirety.

Back