News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.7K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 646     0 

Overnight visitor parking?

No it was a no parking 2am to 6am, I mean I wouldn't park somewhere that is illegal all year round.
As far as I know, It's illegal to park on ANY city street for more than 3 hours without a permit of some kind (at least in the old city). However it's very seldom enforced, and only by complaint.

But what this has to do with Snow Routes I don't know ...

As far as I know, It's illegal to park on ANY city street for more than 3 hours without a permit of some kind (at least in the old city). However it's very seldom enforced, and only by complaint.

But what this has to do with Snow Routes I don't know ...

ya, thats on that list too

2 Park longer than 3 hours Toronto wide $15.00 (I'm pretty sure the fine is higher than $15 now)

But does anyone know of any specific parking rules for "snow routes" outside of North York? Maybe the signs are just there to scare you ...

I remember I was going to park on Kingston Rd (near Woodbine) and then I didn't because it said "NO PARKING -- SNOW ROUTE" so then I drove around a bit, couldn't find any on-street parking that looked legal, and eventually parked at a Green P lot off Queen St.

I remember I was going to park on Kingston Rd (near Woodbine) and then I didn't because it said "NO PARKING -- SNOW ROUTE" so then I drove around a bit, couldn't find any on-street parking that looked legal, and eventually parked at a Green P lot off Queen St.
I can always find a spot down there on Norway between Elmer and Lee. Normally on the south side between Elmer and Waverley.

Though as there has been no snow emergency declared in Toronto in years if not decades, then I don't think you have to worry about the Snow Route signs.

I know that in Ottawa, while they have similar "snow route" procedures, the generally accepted rule is that you park on the street at your own peril. If there's a snowfall that night, and the plows come by while your car is parked there, it's fully within their right to bury your car under a mountain of snow. Don't like it? Don't park on the street. Or at least pay attention to the weather forecasts.

I've seen it a few times in my neighbourhood where someone parked on the street, and the plow went by and buried their car to the point where they had to shovel it out of the side of the snowbank which had swallowed their vehicle.

Yeah I didn't want to risk it. Those Green P lots are only a few bucks so I didn't mind paying.

Back