News   Aug 07, 2024
 62     0 
News   Aug 06, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   Aug 06, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Overhead noises but no noises from the side?

Look up the term "baffles".

Look up the term "soundproofing"....and "baffles", while you're there, since you don't seem to know what they are either.

Your chances of success on a noise complain are two: fat and slim.

In order to enforce a noise pollution complain, you need to provide documentation of time and duration of noises over a 30-day period. My suggestion is that you buy a pack of chair foot pads or adhesive foam rubber and donate it to your upstairs neighbour with a note, "Saw these at the store and thought of you. -Downstairs" It's less than $5 and should solve your issue without a lot of fuss.

I was hoping I can use the strata rule "65% of hardwood flooring must be covered with rugs" to get the guy to "cover up".

I honestly cannot see any way his furniture can be making the noise they do if he did have area rugs.

Look up the term "soundproofing"....and "baffles", while you're there, since you don't seem to know what they are either.
Soundproofing
1.Something that prevents sound from traveling through it, such as is put on walls so adjacent areas are not disturbed by noise.
2.The act of installing material to dampen sound.

Baffle
1.A device used to restrain or regulate, e.g. sound, light, gas, or a fluid.

I was hoping I can use the strata rule "65% of hardwood flooring must be covered with rugs" to get the guy to "cover up".

I honestly cannot see any way his furniture can be making the noise they do if he did have area rugs.
I've heard of Strata Property out in BC, but I'm not aware of anything similar for Ontario/Toronto. If it's something from here, could you point me to some more information?

I've heard of Strata Property out in BC, but I'm not aware of anything similar for Ontario/Toronto. If it's something from here, could you point me to some more information?

Sorry, I used to live in BC so I still use some west coast terms.

I'm just referring to the Bylaws of my Condominium Corporation. We have one regarding area rug coverage for hardwood flooring.

Back