News   May 03, 2024
 647     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 304     0 

Opinions on room sizes (PART 1)

asiancolossus

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey guys, I love how there are so many people willing to give their honest opinions on floorplan layouts. I cannot seem to find my layout on line but will have my layout scanned for your opinions. In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone could give an opinion on sizes of my two floor townhouse. The dimensions seem rather small but it is 1500 square feet. Any opinions would be most welcome!

Main floor:
Dining Room 9' x 10'6"
Living Room 11' x 14'
Kitchen 10'3" x 14'4"
Powder Room, Storage room sizes not provided by are similar in size from the diagram

Second floor:
Master Bedroom 13' x 9'3"
Second Bedroom 10'4" x 9'5"
Den 11'8" x 6'9"
Two bathrooms (ensuite with shower and bathtub, second with only bathtub) and washer dryer room sizes not provided

The bedrooms seem small from the dimensions, are the closets usually counted in the room space? And I remember that from an earlier forum that you need to deduct about 60 feet per floor for stairs?

Thanks so much. I will try to scan the floor plan to give a better idea of room placements.

Hi there AC,

Glad to hear that you enjoy honest feedback from your layout, as I enjoy the same. So, clearly it would be much easier if I saw your place on paper, but I will comment on the dimensions.

The main floor seems to have decent size rooms, especially the kitchen! I hope your powder room is located in an ideal space, not entirely close to the kitchen.

Your Master bedroom is just enough, although the 9.3 feet can be pretty tight. I was wondering if you have the option to enlarge one or both rooms by removing the den?

The closets aren't included in the dimensions, but are included in the total square footage of the place. Hope this helps:)

Hi there AC,

Glad to hear that you enjoy honest feedback from your layout, as I enjoy the same. So, clearly it would be much easier if I saw your place on paper, but I will comment on the dimensions.

The main floor seems to have decent size rooms, especially the kitchen! I hope your powder room is located in an ideal space, not entirely close to the kitchen.

Your Master bedroom is just enough, although the 9.3 feet can be pretty tight. I was wondering if you have the option to enlarge one or both rooms by removing the den?

The closets aren't included in the dimensions, but are included in the total square footage of the place. Hope this helps:)

Thanks so much Josef, I will definitely try to upload my floor plans. Yeah I thought 9'3' was a bit tight. Unfortunately the den is on the other side of the ensuite so I cannot enlarge it. Powder room is next to the kitchen! I hope the smells don't waft over LOL I look forward to your opinions when I get the floorplan on here! :)

Back