News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.4K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 601     0 

Ontario Science Centre

Last edited:
The plot thickens as the Feds are giving the Vancouver Science Centre $42m. Wouldn’t it be funny if this whole thing was just about getting money from Ottawa?

The Current Ontario Science Centre needs a whole lot more then 19 million. We are talking about 300 million dollars for upgrades to the current facility.

The plot thickens as the Feds are giving the Vancouver Science Centre $42m. Wouldn’t it be funny if this whole thing was just about getting money from Ottawa?

eehhh it seems targeted towards green energy retrofits. Im sure the feds would be okay with ponying up money for it, if it only was for green upgrades.

^I imagine that any Federal contribution would be a bit larger. I can guarantee you that they are part of what must be intense negotiations behind closed doors! 🚪 💰🔬🔭

The plot thickens as the Feds are giving the Vancouver Science Centre $19m. Wouldn’t it be funny if this whole thing was just about getting money from Ottawa?

I doubt so, but the Hamilton LRT cancellation was exactly this ploy if I remember correctly (it was previously entirely funded by Hamilton & the province, while its resurrected form now has federal funding).

Like what others have said, I think the excuse for closing down the OSC is really to prepare for the move down to Ontario Place, cut ongoing costs, and eventually offload an ageing, expensive facility; with the engineering report being the excuse given to the public.

I personally think they have more nefarious reasons for closing OSC, but yeah...
I doubt there is really much to do with any redevelopment of the site itself, since the lands are city-owned. I think in the end, the city will be left holding onto the bag that is the OSC site.

Last edited:
The opposition is getting organized!

IMG_4618.png

Back