News   May 17, 2024
 788     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 508     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 5.3K     7 

Ontario Northland/Northern Ontario Transportation

I heard through the grapevine that the ONTC Siemens Chargers/Ventures will begin fabrication at Siemens Sacramento next month (May 2024). Curious what nose cone we get, since renderings of two versions have been floating around.
How long would the fabrication of them take?

It seems that a VIA Venture coach being finalized in Sacramento has a unique paint scheme (yellow on top and bottom). Any reason why this one has a different livery? Source.

View attachment 563455
View attachment 563456
View attachment 563457
This was posted on the Via page yesterday. It has everyone confused on the livery as it looks different than the Via livery. So, what is it?
ontario-northlander.jpg

This was the liveries shared by the province for the return of the Northlander. To me, it looks like the top one.

Any thoughts?

This was posted on the Via page yesterday. It has everyone confused on the livery as it looks different than the Via livery. So, what is it?
View attachment 563615
This was the liveries shared by the province for the return of the Northlander. To me, it looks like the top one.

Any thoughts?
Well the pictures from Sacramento are of a special livery VIA train, with VIA logos, and the VIA black stripe, unlike ONTC’s livery 1 which has a dark blue stripe.

ONTC’s units are scheduled to begin production this May, so we’re still a while off from finished Northlander trains.

Well the pictures from Sacramento are of a special livery VIA train, with VIA logos, and the VIA black stripe, unlike ONTC’s livery 1 which has a dark blue stripe.

ONTC’s units are scheduled to begin production this May, so we’re still a while off from finished Northlander trains.
Why are they making one a special design that looks close to the Northlander Livery?

Why are they making one a special design that looks close to the Northlander Livery?
Just a thought: contact them and ask. The worst they can do is not answer but if they do answer, any response they give will be whole lot more useful than the speculation on here.

Not directly related to the restoration of passenger rail service, but this could be convenient to check out at the future Huntsville stop.

I could picture them delivering to the train when it stops. I don't know about anyone else, but for me, that would be a delicious meal.

Seeing as they are targetting an opening this month their business model is clearly independent of the return of the train. Once the train returns, and particularly if they move the bus stop to the station, it will help, but both are still pretty infrequent to keep a business going.

As for service to train passengers, if it is allowed, the times are not unreasonable depending on their store hours (0750 sb, 2135 nb if they stick to the times in the business case).

Back