News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 570     0 

Ontario Northland/Northern Ontario Transportation

This was very much overdue….the return of the Northlander to Timmins and the eventual completion of Highway 400 to Sudbury gives Northern Ontario a direct smooth connection to the GTA and Southern Ontario.

Many people are unaware of just how important this is for the region. Northern Ontario is some of the most remote regions in Canada.

Sigh. While his basic premise is not wrong (it is big with a small population), it is little different in those terms than the eastern and western Canada that he compares it to, particularly their north bits. Saying the that the Golden Horseshoe has "an abundance of fresh water" as a factor that is somewhat unique or different than "Canada's Empty Space" is a bit laughable.

As an aside, I wish folks who did this chose their images better. Discussing the north's regions of Black Spruce and Tamarack, then showing an image of a hardwood forest (with a wooden path!) is a bit lazy.

I noticed that his graphic appears to not include Nipissing District.

*sniff sniff*

Smells like an impending provincial election.
Every government erects signs like this at every highway project. There is; however, a billboard-size sign of smiling Vic and a train in the north end of North Bay. I'll try to remember to get a pic. Whether that is indicative of much remains to be seen. He has large road sized signs around the area.

Every government erects signs like this at every highway project. There is; however, a billboard-size sign of smiling Vic and a train in the north end of North Bay. I'll try to remember to get a pic. Whether that is indicative of much remains to be seen. He has large road sized signs around the area.

I see it more about timing, not that the billboards were put up, but when they were put up.

Back