News   Jul 15, 2024
 277     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 416     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Ontario Line Extension West of Ontario Place (Speculation)

And then Lower Ossington, Parkdale, Jameson, and then Roncesvalles to connect with GO. Assuming it continues for all of Queen West.

And then Lower Ossington, Parkdale, Jameson, and then Roncesvalles to connect with GO. Assuming it continues for all of Queen West.
I think Shaw is better than Ossington personally. For one, we won't have to repeat names with Line 2. But also, better connectivity to Trinity Bellwoods, Strachan, and the pedestrian bridges connecting Liberty Village.

I would follow this alignment after Roncesvalles, into South Etobicoke, as opposed to taking it north to Bloor:

1546990292604.png

Stations would go Roncesvalles/Sunnyside >> Windermere/Swansea >> Humber Bay Shores >> Park Lawn GO >> The Queensway >> Royal York South >> >> >> Sherway Gardens.

I would have it go west on Lakeshore which would make it further away from Line 2, and rebuild the Long Branch end of Lakeshore and create a new Etobicoke downtown and Harbourfront. It would also hit Humber College.

I think Shaw is better than Ossington personally. For one, we won't have to repeat names with Line 2. But also, better connectivity to Trinity Bellwoods, Strachan, and the pedestrian bridges connecting Liberty Village.

I would follow this alignment after Roncesvalles, into South Etobicoke, as opposed to taking it north to Bloor:

View attachment 170293

Stations would go Roncesvalles/Sunnyside >> Windermere/Swansea >> Humber Bay Shores >> Park Lawn GO >> The Queensway >> Royal York South >> >> >> Sherway Gardens.

Your ideas are great, unfortunately and apparently, this thread is just dudes drawing proposals according to @pstogios, which I disagree with.

^How does the Waterfront LRT fit into this plan for a relief line that extends west rather than north? How does this idea provide relief by reducing crowding at Yonge & Bloor?

I haven’t studied maps of population density, employment, income, development potential, etc. for the westward proposal but my gut says a northern trajectory (that intersects with Bloor around Dundas) will be far more beneficial to our City.

^How does the Waterfront LRT fit into this plan for a relief line that extends west rather than north? How does this idea provide relief by reducing crowding at Yonge & Bloor?

I haven’t studied maps of population density, employment, income, development potential, etc. for the westward proposal but my gut says a northern trajectory (that intersects with Bloor around Dundas) will be far more beneficial to our City.

It's pretty clearly one or the other... and I'd stick with my view from the fantasy thread that Waterfront, Lakeshore, Queensway, Etobicoke and the 427 corridor all make more sense in a lot of ways as light rail tied into some combination of the streetcar network and/or Finch and Eglinton LRTs (my inclination being build Waterfront as planned, with a branch on Queensway to Sherway and a standard gauge Etobicoke LRT from Long Branch to Humber).

WWLRT, we're not sure when or if it will be built. Same with this. But, if the Waterfront LRT is built, it will be intresting what will be the western terminus for the DRL west extention.

Back