News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 373     0 

Ont Gov't building at 880 Bay, at Grosvenor St (ORC, 44s?, WZMH)

This looks nice and sleek..:)
From the WZMH website.....http://www.wzmh.com/index.php/drawing_board/land_use_planning_approvals_880_bay_street/

880BayStreet1.jpg

Land Use Planning Approvals – 880 Bay Street Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Client: Ontario Realty Corporation
Scope of Service: Master Planning and Design
Approximate Value: $250M

WZMH was engaged to design a new office tower at 880 Bay Street within the Queens Park Government Precinct as part of their Toronto Accommodation Plan. The 44 storey tower design is unique in Toronto for responsive design to solar orientation to east, west, south and north facades. The north side core elevator design has slender floor plates that are oriented to face south and provide maximum natural daylight penetration and views for occupants. At Street level the building podium and arcade design relates to the scale of the adjacent distinctive Macdonald Block arcades that wrap around the major street edges. The project is targeting a minimum of LEED Silver.
Rezoning approval was granted within period of 6 months from application

nice find, it's a sharp looking building. Wasn't the WCH bit of property was supposed to be merged with this one. This render doesn't seem to reflect that.

much better than the very vague early drawings.
Is the south side of the tower slightly curved?
this tower is gonna be really wide. it'll block out quite a bit of Manulife's views. but a nice addition to the bay street canyon/skyline.

For some reason, i can just imagine this as a Mandarin Oriental Hotel location in toronto. (look and location wise, just slap a logo on top) :)

much better than the very vague early drawings.
Is the south side of the tower slightly curved?
this tower is gonna be really wide. it'll block out quite a bit of Manulife's views. but a nice addition to the bay street canyon/skyline.

I like this too. This is far enough away from the Manulife Centre to not affect any views. This about halfway between Wellesley & College.

I hope my source is wrong but I'm sorry to say I've heard this project has been shelved. Apparently Ontario has a dept problems to deal with first.
Don't jump on me but I can only say my source comes from inside but not directly affiliated with this project.

I hope my source is wrong but I'm sorry to say I've heard this project has been shelved. Apparently Ontario has a dept problems to deal with first.
Don't jump on me but I can only say my source comes from inside but not directly affiliated with this project.

Mike in TO has said that this project is 4-5 years away. Is that consistent with what you've heard?

Mike in TO has said that this project is 4-5 years away. Is that consistent with what you've heard?
Nope, can't remember the exact words but essentially sounded like it's not going ahead (and cited the budget as the reason). I think everyone's a bit more worried about the election than if an office is going to be started in 4-5 years. But again, my source (who had their face blurred out and a voice like an evil robot) isn't in a division that is anywhere close to this kind of decision making.

But again, my source (who had their face blurred out and a voice like an evil robot) isn't in a division that is anywhere close to this kind of decision making.

Common sense...I think most off us will agree that there is no way this development will fly when Ontario's $18.7 billion deficit is in the spotlight, yeah this could be a reality down the line.

Back