One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

Gra was the dark package right? that's what I got. And yea, the ground around the site isn't even covered and board member Ana is suppose to move on October 6, I think. I don't even think that's possible. that is NEXT WEEK!

Yes the gra is the dark package... Popular ones that was chosen the most than any other packages. Oh my god, I didn't know Ana was moving in there next week, these seems very unlikely as there isn't anything close to completion there! I saw first floor from outside when driving and still I see steel studs, nothing is dry walled up so I'm not sure how is that even possible... And phase 2 wasn't touched at all, likely all workers are reporting to phase 1 to meet the deadline ASAP... We will see how far they will do these last minute.

Yes the gra is the dark package... Popular ones that was chosen the most than any other packages. Oh my god, I didn't know Ana was moving in there next week, these seems very unlikely as there isn't anything close to completion there! I saw first floor from outside when driving and still I see steel studs, nothing is dry walled up so I'm not sure how is that even possible... And phase 2 wasn't touched at all, likely all workers are reporting to phase 1 to meet the deadline ASAP... We will see how far they will do these last minute.

yea! fingers crossed they get it together quick! I cannot be delayed again! Im ready to move!

yea! fingers crossed they get it together quick! I cannot be delayed again! Im ready to move!

Hey guys,

Got the letter as well and my PDI was pushed from Oct 29th to Nov 14th. Like mrezwayz only 6 days before my actual move-in (which wasn't changed as well). I don’t really care, as long as if I find deficiencies they’ll be able to fix it within 6 days. I went by last Thursday and yeah, everything still looks extremely ruff. I was with a friend and she was telling me you’d be surprised how much they get done in the 11th hour and not to worry. So, here’s to that…lol

Wow..lots of updates! I didn't know that most of the PDIs are being rescheduled! So last minute! My PDI is on October 2nd and move in date on October 17th. I haven't booked movers or anything yet because I really want to see it first. Yes, they are totally rushing and scrambling. I really hope everything is done. I have never had my PDI so close to the move in date! I don't think the hold up is just related to the delivery of one package in particular. For this unit, I picked the 'rod' package.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Got the letter as well and my PDI was pushed from Oct 29th to Nov 14th. Like mrezwayz only 6 days before my actual move-in (which wasn't changed as well). I don’t really care, as long as if I find deficiencies they’ll be able to fix it within 6 days. I went by last Thursday and yeah, everything still looks extremely ruff. I was with a friend and she was telling me you’d be surprised how much they get done in the 11th hour and not to worry. So, here’s to that…lol

Ya, not worried here too as well as long it is still a Firm Occupancy Date. I went by the site this morning (~10am) on way to conference, and I gotta tell you this, there are NO workers on phase 2, everyone is on Phase 1, scrambling to finish exteriors and cleaning up all debrises. Last minute must be Edilcan's favourite. :) I agree with Rex, they will be able to fix all deficiencies within 6 days so that is still good. Never had PDI such close to occupancy date, usually had it at least 30 days before move-ins.

Wow..lots of updates! I didn't know that most of the PDIs are being rescheduled! So last minute! My PDI is on October 2nd and move in date on October 17th. I haven't booked movers or anything yet because I really want to see it first. Yes, they are totally rushing and scrambling. I really hope everything is done. I have never had my PDI so close to the move in date! I don't think the hold up is just related to the delivery of one package in particular. For this unit, I picked the 'rod' package.

Smart move, I wouldn't book anything for Occupancy Date - need to make sure everything is smooth and get adjusted to "Valhalla", LOL! :) So you are the first one to have PDI, so we will wait from you to hear from you and the pictures from you as well!! It will be fun!! :)

Ana how did the PDI go? any pics? how does the inside of the building look so far??

i was about to ask the same thing! :) we need updates from you Ana; since you are the first one with PDI here on forum, so very much would like your updates shared! share pics if you got any!

Sorry guys, way too much going on. I needed a few days to digest everything. :) My PDI was last Tuesday and it went well. The outside of the building is starting to look better but the inside is still a big construction site. The main lobby and hallways are pretty much bare walls with no carpet. The lobby area still looks unfinished with absolutely no décor, furniture etc. My unit looks nice. When I first saw it I was a bit thrown off because it's similar to the one that's in the model suite but flipped if that makes sense. :) I am happy with most of the finishes. One thing that surprised me is the color of the bathroom tiles. I picked the 'rod' package and the 'beige' tiles that I selected for this unit have somewhat of a pink after tone to them. It looks okay but I would have preferred if tiles were a true beige color. Other than that, they did a good job with everything else. The unit feels a bit smaller and narrower than what I envisioned but it might be because it's very bare. The balcony, closets and dryer, laundry area are okay size. Also, I noticed that inside the unit was pretty quiet. I hope this is the case when I move in as my unit is south facing towards the construction site for Phase II and III. Overall, I am pleased. I wish we were given a bit more time. One hour for inspection felt really rushed. They really don’t give you any extra time, not even one minute. Also, I think the parking area is still not ready so I didn’t get to see my parking spot. I am sure that the whole complex will be stunning but it will just take a bit more time.
Now, I just have to worry about movers and booking my moving date. Can't wait to settle in!

i was about to ask the same thing! :) we need updates from you Ana; since you are the first one with PDI here on forum, so very much would like your updates shared! share pics if you got any!

Last edited:
Sorry guys, way too much going on. I needed a few days to digest everything. :) My PDI was last Tuesday and it went well. The outside of the building is starting to look better but the inside is still a big construction site. The main lobby and hallways are pretty much bare walls with no carpet. The lobby area still looks unfinished with absolutely no décor, furniture etc. My unit looks nice. When I first saw it I was a bit thrown off because it's similar to the one that's in the model suite but flipped if that makes sense. :) I am happy with most of the finishes. One thing that surprised me is the color of the bathroom tiles. I picked the 'rod' package and the 'beige' tiles that I selected for this unit have somewhat of a pink after tone to them. It looks okay but I would have preferred if tiles were a true beige color. Other than that, they did a good job with everything else. The unit feels a bit smaller and narrower than what I envisioned but it might be because it's very bare. The balcony, closets and dryer, laundry area are okay size. Also, I noticed that inside the unit was pretty quiet. I hope this is the case when I move in as my unit is south facing towards the construction site for Phase II and III. Overall, I am pleased. I wish we were given a bit more time. One hour for inspection felt really rushed. They really don’t give you any extra time, not even one minute. Also, I think the parking area is still not ready so I didn’t get to see my parking spot. I am sure that the whole complex will be stunning but it will just take a bit more time.
Now, I just have to worry about movers and booking my moving date. Can't wait to settle in!

Ana I live through you! Did you hear any noise from highway at all? from your 6th floor suite and were there any deficiencies you needed fixed prior to? and did the suite look clean or was it still dusty from the construction?

LOL...I am the one that is going through everything first so you got no choice, but to live through me! :)
I didn't hear any noise from the highway. However, it might be because the workers were playing load music in the hallway. Remember, it's still a big construction site in the lobby and hallways. Workers were all over the hallways trying to get things done. What I found interesting is that they didn't even start working on the unit that's right across from me. Apparently it's another suite and they are using the space to transfer all the materials. My unit was a bit dusty but nothing major. The guy told us that there will do another clean of the unit prior to the move in date. In terms of deficiencies, we didn't find anything major. Some items that we listed included: screw missing from the vent cap, missing outlet cap, scratches on the walls and doors, no electricity for microwave outlet etc. I also noticed that the security system still needs to be installed. But overall, the unit is very complete. You still have that 30 day warranty to submit any other deficiencies.
Shorty, how good are those Toro movers that your friends are recommending? The online quote form is not working for me. I sent couple of emails but no response. I should make a decision soon but it seems that there isn’t a perfect moving company. So stressed! I just hire someone that will be extra careful even if it means paying a bit extra.

Ana I live through you! Did you hear any noise from highway at all? from your 6th floor suite and were there any deficiencies you needed fixed prior to? and did the suite look clean or was it still dusty from the construction?

LOL...I am the one that is going through everything first so you got no choice, but to live through me! :)
I didn't hear any noise from the highway. However, it might be because the workers were playing load music in the hallway. Remember, it's still a big construction site in the lobby and hallways. Workers were all over the hallways trying to get things done. What I found interesting is that they didn't even start working on the unit that's right across from me. Apparently it's another suite and they are using the space to transfer all the materials. My unit was a bit dusty but nothing major. The guy told us that there will do another clean of the unit prior to the move in date. In terms of deficiencies, we didn't find anything major. Some items that we listed included: screw missing from the vent cap, missing outlet cap, scratches on the walls and doors, no electricity for microwave outlet etc. I also noticed that the security system still needs to be installed. But overall, the unit is very complete. You still have that 30 day warranty to submit any other deficiencies.
Shorty, how good are those Toro movers that your friends are recommending? The online quote form is not working for me. I sent couple of emails but no response. I should make a decision soon but it seems that there isn’t a perfect moving company. So stressed! I just hire someone that will be extra careful even if it means paying a bit extra.

Hey Ana,

My friend used them last month and she said they were amazing. The receptionist is an air head though. Call the number on the website and speak to owner, he's really nice and professional. If you try him and can't reach him, see if you can find another company but I heard he's real good. I guess I will see on November 13th when I move.

Also, I went by today and drove up to the building and it looks so nice and I see the garage entry is completed too. I cant wait till our entire community is completed.

Thank you! I was on the phone the whole day today calling different movers and trying to get a good deal. A lot of them were asking for min of 4 hours. My move is very small so I decided to go with Arbage Cartage Movers. They are getting amazing reviews on home stars and other sites so hopefully they live up to it. I will be in my condo as of October 23rd! :) This anticipation is killing me! I absolute can't wait to settle it.
I agree with Shorty, the complex is starting to look amazing! I went for walk around the townhomes last weekend and they are making great progress. It looks totally different from even couple of weeks ago when I had my PDI. So excited!!! :)
Hey Ana,

My friend used them last month and she said they were amazing. The receptionist is an air head though. Call the number on the website and speak to owner, he's really nice and professional. If you try him and can't reach him, see if you can find another company but I heard he's real good. I guess I will see on November 13th when I move.

Also, I went by today and drove up to the building and it looks so nice and I see the garage entry is completed too. I cant wait till our entire community is completed.

Quite strange how they put people above first floorers to be the first ones to move in - I guess that is because of landscaping, final touches needed to be done exterior... first floors are always considered as more work than other floors.

So I just heard Thunderbird occupancy dates has been pushed back to Spring 2014, in which we would have amenties (pool, splash pool, etc) to use in Summer 2014...

Hi everybody,

So, am new to the forum and my husband and I bought a unit in thunderbird tower last year:) . We were actually discussing about the occupancy date and spring 2014 seems about right and totally perfect for us. Hope the pool etc will be ready when we move in! ;)

Hi everybody,

So, am new to the forum and my husband and I bought a unit in thunderbird tower last year:) . We were actually discussing about the occupancy date and spring 2014 seems about right and totally perfect for us. Hope the pool etc will be ready when we move in! ;)

Hey Cbc,

Welcome to the board! we cannot wait till your building is ready too for the pool LOL!

Ana,

Im so excited! it looks like they were dry walling the lobby when I went by on Sunday night. Cant wait to see how it turns out..I love our parking garage entry and how we have a dedicated entry for residence only.

Thats real nice.

Back