One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

Yes, October 17th seems too soon. There is no way that there will have everyone move in on the same date. I also think that there will be another delay. Some townhome owners are moving in end of October. So I just can't imagine them being done with all the units before the townhome owners move in. My unit's exposure is north east. Yes, the view should be nice! :)

same, got the letter with a new occupancy date of october 17th, 2012... that doesn't seem realistic to me, since everyone is getting the same date, it is quite impossible for everyone to move in at the same time! i bet there's going to be another delay. i hear townhouses are scheduled for move-ins in september. my unit is facing the east side - so view of cn tower! :) which sides are you on, ana and shorty??

I don't think phase II will have too much impact on the registration date. When I bought my first unit years ago the building was also connected to another phase and the builder was able to register within 4 to 5 months after the occupancy dates. I think at the time they just blocked off the hallway that was connecting the two buildings. But then again it might very. Hopefully they are able to register without any delays.

i wonder about occupancy fees... i am not sure how our building will be registered when we are connected with phase 2 and 3 - so will that delay us? does anyone have answers on this??

same, got the letter with a new occupancy date of october 17th, 2012... that doesn't seem realistic to me, since everyone is getting the same date, it is quite impossible for everyone to move in at the same time! i bet there's going to be another delay. i hear townhouses are scheduled for move-ins in september. my unit is facing the east side - so view of cn tower! :) which sides are you on, ana and shorty??

Hey! Thats just the general date they have given everyone. We must get notice within 3 weeks by (July 17) advising of our respective occupancy dates by floor. GP said they will most likely occupy each floor week by week but may go faster than that, so we should get notice very soon of our exact dates. I am on the 19th floor with a south-east exposure, mostly south, but I can see east as well as I am in the front of the building. And as for occupancy..I think we can be registered without phase 2 and 3 complete ( I am pretty sure) if not we would have to wait for years! But I doubt that will be the case.

Yes, October 17th seems too soon. There is no way that there will have everyone move in on the same date. I also think that there will be another delay. Some townhome owners are moving in end of October. So I just can't imagine them being done with all the units before the townhome owners move in. My unit's exposure is north east. Yes, the view should be nice! :)

Definitely am feeling the gut that we are going to be delayed more, probably making into 2013. I have been told many of the units facing east along with north or south sides have been sold quickly than west views... I guess highway is one of the scared part when purchasing the west view units.

I don't think phase II will have too much impact on the registration date. When I bought my first unit years ago the building was also connected to another phase and the builder was able to register within 4 to 5 months after the occupancy dates. I think at the time they just blocked off the hallway that was connecting the two buildings. But then again it might very. Hopefully they are able to register without any delays.

You might be right, hopefully we are registered within 3 months! I assume Phase 3 will be completed in Summer/Fall 2014, which at that time we expect a Valhalla Complexes along with landscaped surroundings fully completed.

Hey! Thats just the general date they have given everyone. We must get notice within 3 weeks by (July 17) advising of our respective occupancy dates by floor. GP said they will most likely occupy each floor week by week but may go faster than that, so we should get notice very soon of our exact dates. I am on the 19th floor with a south-east exposure, mostly south, but I can see east as well as I am in the front of the building. And as for occupancy..I think we can be registered without phase 2 and 3 complete ( I am pretty sure) if not we would have to wait for years! But I doubt that will be the case.

Why they didnt just give respective occupancy dates by the floor instead of just final occupancy dates when the timing is closer! We have been receiving many letters in delays, at least be thoughtful on the environment, Edilcan. :) Anyways, I have looked into many forums here in regards of registration. Many of the complexes are registered while other phases were constructed, whereas many have said the end of hallways were blocked during the other phase construction allowed the first building to be registered.

Why they didnt just give respective occupancy dates by the floor instead of just final occupancy dates when the timing is closer! We have been receiving many letters in delays, at least be thoughtful on the environment, Edilcan. :) Anyways, I have looked into many forums here in regards of registration. Many of the complexes are registered while other phases were constructed, whereas many have said the end of hallways were blocked during the other phase construction allowed the first building to be registered.

Good to know! Someone on this forum is on the first floor, I think Rex? He may be moved in by October..I don't believe the rest of us will be realistically.

i dont think there are units on the first floor... they start on second floor? unless im wrong...? :rolleyes:

There is at the back of the building fronting on One Valhalla court (or road)..Theres no first floor units in the front of the building.

There is at the back of the building fronting on One Valhalla court (or road)..Theres no first floor units in the front of the building.

right, my bad. :) i forgot about that. now the street name interests me now... are we going to be called Valhalla Inn Road or Valhalla Road? this is a confusion now, because when you drive on highway, the sign would say Valhalla Road but then when you arrive on Valhalla Road, the street name sign says Valhalla Inn Road... what is our actual address?? Valhalla Inn Road or Valhalla Road?? clean up the name confusion, Etobicoke!!

right, my bad. :) i forgot about that. now the street name interests me now... are we going to be called Valhalla Inn Road or Valhalla Road? this is a confusion now, because when you drive on highway, the sign would say Valhalla Road but then when you arrive on Valhalla Road, the street name sign says Valhalla Inn Road... what is our actual address?? Valhalla Inn Road or Valhalla Road?? clean up the name confusion, Etobicoke!!

Hmmm damn good question! There is a 2 Valhalla, which is that old building accross the street. I just wonder what the address for the other two buildings will be as they will not be fronting on Valhalla.

Good to know! Someone on this forum is on the first floor, I think Rex? He may be moved in by October..I don't believe the rest of us will be realistically.

Hello my one vallhallians! lol

Yes, I have a ground floor patio unit and I also got the infamous "final tentative Oct 17th date" final tentative...lol...found that funny...

Anyways, yes that seems like an unrealistic date for everyone but as someone mentioned here that they will be mailing out "final final" individual occupancy dates in like 3 weeks. I also heard that the townhouses are occupying either end of sept or early oct and was told that everyone on 1st floor should be moving in the same time as the townhome units. So I actually expect the Oct 17th date to hold for me and the rest on the ground. Maybe give or take a week or two who knows. A week per floor after that seems realistic.

I think overall, the experience buying here has been very positive and they're really on top of things with this development. Was really nervous buying new for my first place but things have been going pretty smoothly. Seriously, look across the street at tridel and that thing is still like a year away from being complete!!

And also on the comments about the 2nd and 3rd developments holding up our registration, there's no way that should have any impact on our building's registration. I have two friends who moved into condo complexes similar to ours in that the developments are attached and that didn't affect their buildings.

ps. I know some of you requested specific parking space locations (me included) did any of guys hear back about that??

Cheers!

i wonder about occupancy fees... i am not sure how our building will be registered when we are connected with phase 2 and 3 - so will that delay us? does anyone have answers on this??

Yeah, I wonder about the occupancy fee's as well. What do they base it on? is it total square footage?

Hello my one vallhallians! lol

Yes, I have a ground floor patio unit and I also got the infamous "final tentative Oct 17th date" final tentative...lol...found that funny...

Anyways, yes that seems like an unrealistic date for everyone but as someone mentioned here that they will be mailing out "final final" individual occupancy dates in like 3 weeks. I also heard that the townhouses are occupying either end of sept or early oct and was told that everyone on 1st floor should be moving in the same time as the townhome units. So I actually expect the Oct 17th date to hold for me and the rest on the ground. Maybe give or take a week or two who knows. A week per floor after that seems realistic.

I think overall, the experience buying here has been very positive and they're really on top of things with this development. Was really nervous buying new for my first place but things have been going pretty smoothly. Seriously, look across the street at tridel and that thing is still like a year away from being complete!!

And also on the comments about the 2nd and 3rd developments holding up our registration, there's no way that should have any impact on our building's registration. I have two friends who moved into condo complexes similar to ours in that the developments are attached and that didn't affect their buildings.

ps. I know some of you requested specific parking space locations (me included) did any of guys hear back about that??

Cheers!

Hey Rex!!

Havent heard anything about parking..I should call to follow up! anyways with respect to the calculation for occupancy fees ( I work in a law firm doing real estate) and it is as follows:

Estimated Monthly Common Expenses ______
Estimated Monthly taxes for your unit ______
Monthly Interest on Balance Due on Purchase Price ______

All these 3 added together make up the occupancy fee. For example my unit which is the one bedroom model would be approximately $1,121.87 a month for occupancy fee which isn't bad considering my mortgage, common expense and taxes would be atleast $1400-$1500 I am guessing.

And the break down of the Monthly Interest on Balance due on purchase price is below...and this is just an example:

Monthly interest on balance due on closing Calculation:
Balance Due * monthly interest as per rate on bank of Canada % divide by 12 months in a year = ___ for example if Balance due is $238,440, closing date is in April , and interest rate is 3.3500% calculation would be:

$238,440.00*3.3500% divide by12 = $665.65

Thats what a fellow law clerk told me, hope that helps to give you an idea.

Last edited:
Hey Rex!!

Havent heard anything about parking..I should call to follow up! anyways with respect to the calculation for occupancy fees ( I work in a law firm doing real estate) and it is as follows:

Estimated Monthly Common Expenses ______
Estimated Monthly taxes for your unit ______
Monthly Interest on Balance Due on Purchase Price ______

All these 3 added together make up the occupancy fee. For example my unit which is the one bedroom model would be approximately $1,121.87 a month for occupancy fee which isn't bad considering my mortgage, common expense and taxes would be atleast $1400-$1500 I am guessing.

And the break down of the Monthly Interest on Balance due on purchase price is below...and this is just an example:

Monthly interest on balance due on closing Calculation:
Balance Due * monthly interest as per rate on bank of Canada % divide by 12 months in a year = ___ for example if Balance due is $238,440, closing date is in April , and interest rate is 3.3500% calculation would be:

$238,440.00*3.3500% divide by12 = $665.65

Thats what a fellow law clerk told me, hope that helps to give you an idea.

That's perfect...thanks a lot for the breakdown shorty this is very helpful.

Back