One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

My appointment went well! :) After a lot of thinking I decided to go with the brown package. I replaced the carpet to the beige one that’s in the rod package and switched the counter top to the one that's in the light package. The bathroom comes with grey tiles so I think it will look nice. I really liked the bathroom that’s in the 2 bedroom model suite but those colors are all discontinued. So be careful if you were planning to pick that combination. In terms of upgrades, the standard ceilings are popcorn and to have them smoothed out its $6 per sqf. To upgrade the flooring to all laminate its $6 per sqf. There are other upgrades available such as setup of tv mount in the living room. I think it includes the installation of plywood and wiring and the price was around $1400 if I remember correctly. Or you can request to just have them install the plywood in the wall for support in case you ever decide to add a tv mount. This way you will not have to open up the drywall. The cost of that was $350. It’s probably worth it but I declined it. Oh and to change the kitchen backsplash it's around $40 which is not bad, but unfortunately they do not have a lot of options to choose from.
Hope this helps and good luck on your appointment as well!

Hey Ana,

I stopped by yesterday and overheard an appointment going on around noon. I heard the lady talk about the $1400 for the extra plywood..thats a rip off! And why is the 2nd bedroom bathroom discountinued? that makes me sad! My appointment is June 5th..cant wait but not looking forward paying for the upgrades. Ive decided to upgrade my counter top to this other one that is $900 extra (not too bad considering most) and I want to change the carpet to the same as yours. Any other upgrades they told you about?

Shorty, that was my appointment that you overheard! lol If you want just the plywood which is blocking of wall mount its $350 but if you want them to do electrical work on top of that, than it would be $1400. Yes, I saw another nice granite counter top that looked nice so it’s probably worth an upgrade. Other upgrades that are available include: empty conduit for audio visual, upgrade laundry room floor title, upgrade appliances, under mount kitchen sink and stone vanity counter with under mount sink. I didn't ask about the prices though. Hope this helps!

Hey Ana,

I stopped by yesterday and overheard an appointment going on around noon. I heard the lady talk about the $1400 for the extra plywood..thats a rip off! And why is the 2nd bedroom bathroom discountinued? that makes me sad! My appointment is June 5th..cant wait but not looking forward paying for the upgrades. Ive decided to upgrade my counter top to this other one that is $900 extra (not too bad considering most) and I want to change the carpet to the same as yours. Any other upgrades they told you about?

Last edited:
Shorty, that was my appointment that you overheard! lol If you want just the plywood which is blocking of wall mount its $350 but if you want them to do electrical work on top of that, than it would be $1400. Yes, I saw another nice granite counter top that looked nice so it’s probably worth an upgrade. Other upgrades that are available include: empty conduit for audio visual, upgrade laundry room floor title, upgrade appliances, under mount kitchen sink and stone vanity counter with under mount sink. I didn't ask about the prices though. Hope this helps!

That is too funny! you were with a guy right? and when the lady told you about the $3000 desk study upgrade you were appalled and the guy you were with considered it? and you were like, are you NUTS!!?! I think I made eye contact with you..I was the black dude with dreads. They are having a information session tomorrow at 7pm that I will be attending..I am hoping they are able to answer all of my questions regarding prices.

LOL...Yes that was me! I saw you sneak into our session! hahahaha So funny! I was so stressed out that day cause we had to do selections for another unit as well on the 6th floor. So for that we picked the rod package and I compromised and upraded the floors in the bedrooms to be all laminte! For two bedrooms it was like $2400! So one unit will be rod and the other one brun. I am glad it's all over! :)

That is too funny! you were with a guy right? and when the lady told you about the $3000 desk study upgrade you were appalled and the guy you were with considered it? and you were like, are you NUTS!!?! I think I made eye contact with you..I was the black dude with dreads. They are having a information session tomorrow at 7pm that I will be attending..I am hoping they are able to answer all of my questions regarding prices.

LOL...Yes that was me! I saw you sneak into our session! hahahaha So funny! I was so stressed out that day cause we had to do selections for another unit as well on the 6th floor. So for that we picked the rod package and I compromised and upraded the floors in the bedrooms to be all laminte! For two bedrooms it was like $2400! So one unit will be rod and the other one brun. I am glad it's all over! :)

Oh you did two in one? Thats stressful! I am stressed about my little small one bedroom unit. I am really sad about the discontinued black tile..thats messed up considering they have that in the two bedroom suite still. And yea i didnt know an appointment was going on until the lady started talking and then I felt bad interupting asking about the upgraded tile I want. I was thinking that you and that guy were going to be pissed LOL! Luckily I didnt take too long and didnt ask the 20,000 questions I had and found out the tile I want was only an extra $900 which isnt too bad considering most being over $3000.

Is the other suite for investment?

Yep, 2 units in one hour! We had some idea on what we wanted to choose, so I thought we would just be in and out, but it takes some time. I felt bad that we were taking so much time but the lady was telling us how some people take like 3 hours to complete selections for one unit! lol Yes, it's unfortunate that they discontinued those colors but nothing you can do about it. The new colors that they are offering are not bad. More brown and beige tones, so I didn't bother changing it. The floor tiles in the brun package are light grey so maybe consider that instead. Yeah, it’s so difficult when you are restricted to these packages but I guess that’s what builders are doing now to save time and make money. Some prices for the upgrades are not too bad but it can add up quickly. We all have already paid quite a bit for these units, so I was determined not to spend too much. I am still conflicted on what I will do with the units. It’s always last minute with me. :)

Oh you did two in one? Thats stressful! I am stressed about my little small one bedroom unit. I am really sad about the discontinued black tile..thats messed up considering they have that in the two bedroom suite still. And yea i didnt know an appointment was going on until the lady started talking and then I felt bad interupting asking about the upgraded tile I want. I was thinking that you and that guy were going to be pissed LOL! Luckily I didnt take too long and didnt ask the 20,000 questions I had and found out the tile I want was only an extra $900 which isnt too bad considering most being over $3000.

Is the other suite for investment?

Last edited:
Yep, 2 units in one hour! We had some idea on what we wanted to choose, so I thought we would just be in and out, but it takes some time. I felt bad that we were taking so much time but the lady was telling us how some people take like 3 hours to complete selections for one unit! lol Yes, it's unfortunate that they discontinued those colors but nothing you can do about it. The new colors that they are offering are not bad. More brown and beige tones, so I didn't bother changing it. The floor tiles in the brun package are light grey so maybe consider that instead. Yeah, it’s so difficult when you are restricted to these packages but I guess that’s what builders are doing now to save time and make money. Some prices for the upgrades are not too bad but it can add up quickly. We all have already paid quite a bit for these units, so I was determined not to spend too much. I am still conflicted on what I will do with the units. It’s always last minute with me. :)

I am thinking I am going to get the washroom with the medium package, with the brown floor and beige tiles. That one seems nice and switch the carpet to the light package one. I also hope that lady is incorrect about the discontinuance of that colour because I have an e-mail from Steve @ Crayon confirming its in the medium package and that was a week ago. She was very nice but didn't seem overly knowledgable to me. Did you get that feeling as well? hopefully I have Steve or someone else...I liked that she was nice but I wasnt confident of her and I only spoke with her for 2 minutes! How did you feel?

So you are going with the brun package and switching the washroom with the rod package (brown and beige combo)? I think that will look nice, it’s all brown tones. I am pretty sure that the other colors are discontinued. If you look at the rod package against the wall it has the new colors for the bathroom. Also, the old combo colors are not displayed in the sample show room and are only in the model suite. Yeah it doesn’t hurt to ask. Maybe you get lucky. I found her friendly, patient and professional but she was definitely was holding back when it came to providing suggestions. Maybe she is not allowed to say too much and is being extra careful so customers would not blame her if they are unhappy with their choices.

I am thinking I am going to get the washroom with the medium package, with the brown floor and beige tiles. That one seems nice and switch the carpet to the light package one. I also hope that lady is incorrect about the discontinuance of that colour because I have an e-mail from Steve @ Crayon confirming its in the medium package and that was a week ago. She was very nice but didn't seem overly knowledgable to me. Did you get that feeling as well? hopefully I have Steve or someone else...I liked that she was nice but I wasnt confident of her and I only spoke with her for 2 minutes! How did you feel?

So you are going with the brun package and switching the washroom with the rod package (brown and beige combo)? I think that will look nice, it’s all brown tones. I am pretty sure that the other colors are discontinued. If you look at the rod package against the wall it has the new colors for the bathroom. Also, the old combo colors are not displayed in the sample show room and are only in the model suite. Yeah it doesn’t hurt to ask. Maybe you get lucky. I found her friendly, patient and professional but she was definitely was holding back when it came to providing suggestions. Maybe she is not allowed to say too much and is being extra careful so customers would not blame her if they are unhappy with their choices.

Ah! so true and very valid points..I will ask, it doesn't hurt to and I am sure I will be thinking..dammit! Ana was right LOL!

LOL...Good luck with your appointment! And I would love to find out how it all works out for you and what your final choices end up being. :) I wish we could get an update on the construction progress. I am courious to know if they are still confident about the September dates. They might mention it in the presentation. If they provide any additional details on the project status pls keep me posted! Take care for now! :)

Ah! so true and very valid points..I will ask, it doesn't hurt to and I am sure I will be thinking..dammit! Ana was right LOL!

LOL...Good luck with your appointment! And I would love to find out how it all works out for you and what your final choices end up being. :) I wish we could get an update on the construction progress. I am courious to know if they are still confident about the September dates. They might mention it in the presentation. If they provide any additional details on the project status pls keep me posted! Take care for now! :)

I will keep you posted as well! Likewise for you..And everytime I ask they say yes for September..I doubt it to be honest. The exterior is almost done but not 100% done. And they expect to have the exterior 213 units done in under 4 months? I don't think so...maybe November / December.

Ana, I just got off the phone with Steve at Crayon..he said the black floor tile was DISCONTINUED, but they have ordered a substitute which is a darker black and samples will be at the sales centre soon. He also said that they couldnt just not have something that was shown in the model..and I was thinking that because most people (like myself) would be very upset. Now just curious to see what the darker black looks like.

This all sounds very disorganized to me. How can they add new colors if some of us have already completed our selections? How about the wall tiles for the bathrooms that are in the 2 bedroom model suite? The lady said that those are discontinued as well. I wonder if they will add another option to replace those. Did you call Crayon directly?

Ana, I just got off the phone with Steve at Crayon..he said the black floor tile was DISCONTINUED, but they have ordered a substitute which is a darker black and samples will be at the sales centre soon. He also said that they couldnt just not have something that was shown in the model..and I was thinking that because most people (like myself) would be very upset. Now just curious to see what the darker black looks like.

Last edited:
I totally agree. that why I let you know incase thats the colour you wanted. I didnt ask about the grey tiles but I would assume the same for those as well. Luckily, the replacements will be on display by time I have my appointment. I can ask for you tomorrow during the information session and let you know, so you can switch if you want to before its too late.

Shorty, please ask at the info session. I am interested to know if they will be offering more choices later on in the process. I am happy with the rod option bathroom (brown/beige combo) but would definitely like to see new colors as well. To be honest, I was surprised in the lack of choices that are available especially for backsplash. I thought they would offer way more.

I totally agree. that why I let you know incase thats the colour you wanted. I didnt ask about the grey tiles but I would assume the same for those as well. Luckily, the replacements will be on display by time I have my appointment. I can ask for you tomorrow during the information session and let you know, so you can switch if you want to before its too late.

Back