One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

Glad to know the move ins went relatively smoothly! I have a question about the heat/cooling - my unit is steady at 22.5 so I have the system shut off, but the "fresh air" (that's what edilcan called it when I emailed) blowing from the vent is so cold, so much so that it's uncomfortable in the evening to sit in the living space. Any one else have this experience?

I haven`t had a need to keep the fan on but, when it was on it was cooler air. I just keep mine whole system off and the fan on auto if it needs to be used.

Yes, I also had that issue with the door lock, it's working smoothly for the past week or so now.

My unit seems to be continuously at or around the same temperature but I definitely don't have cold air blowing out from the vent, I mean, if I place my hand to the vent it feels cold but it doesn't feel cold from about a foot past it.

I filled out my 30 day Tarion thing, the only thing I realized that needed to be put on it was: the light in the oven (I have a feeling they`ll ignore this one), major scratches on the banister for our balcony and some paint on our floors (this one may be hard to have them fix but we haven`t painted anything in our unit).

I haven`t had a need to keep the fan on but, when it was on it was cooler air. I just keep mine whole system off and the fan on auto if it needs to be used.

I filled out my 30 day Tarion thing, the only thing I realized that needed to be put on it was: the light in the oven (I have a feeling they`ll ignore this one), major scratches on the banister for our balcony and some paint on our floors (this one may be hard to have them fix but we haven`t painted anything in our unit).

I had a letter from the developer under my door when I got home from work last night to let me know that next week I'll have someone enter my unit during the day to verify that the claims I made to Tarion are legit.

It's going to be really difficult for them to find the flooring that has begun to raise unless they walk barefoot or get down on their knees and comb the floor. It's annoying because I can't show them where the issues are.

I had a letter from the developer under my door when I got home from work last night to let me know that next week I'll have someone enter my unit during the day to verify that the claims I made to Tarion are legit.

It's going to be really difficult for them to find the flooring that has begun to raise unless they walk barefoot or get down on their knees and comb the floor. It's annoying because I can't show them where the issues are.

Leave a sticky note or a paper with a sign on it. Like that way unless they're blind they won't have any excuse.

Leave a sticky note or a paper with a sign on it. Like that way unless they're blind they won't have any excuse.

That's actually a great idea!

My fiancé actually has that day off so she can make sure they catch all the issues noted.

That's actually a great idea!

My fiancé actually has that day off so she can make sure they catch all the issues noted.

I was looking over the 30 day form and it says that you're supposed to send over a copy to the builder too. I'm not sure if we are and who it is supposed to go to..

I was looking over the 30 day form and it says that you're supposed to send over a copy to the builder too. I'm not sure if we are and who it is supposed to go to..

I think Tarion fowards it to the developer because within a few days of submitting, I had a notice under my door for inspection to verify the claims which was from the developer, not the condo corp.

I think Tarion fowards it to the developer because within a few days of submitting, I had a notice under my door for inspection to verify the claims which was from the developer, not the condo corp.

Hey all, I'm new to this thread but also a new resident. Hope you're all settling in well! Would any of you recommend a good place for window coverings? Where did you have yours done and how was the experience?

Many thanks!

We
Hey all, I'm new to this thread but also a new resident. Hope you're all settling in well! Would any of you recommend a good place for window coverings? Where did you have yours done and how was the experience?

Many thanks!
Welcome to the thread. We had our blinds done at Home Depot because they gave us a really good price. As expected, the wait was awhile and it was tough for them to update us on shipping as to where it was. But, we haven't had any problems with them.

We

Welcome to the thread. We had our blinds done at Home Depot because they gave us a really good price. As expected, the wait was awhile and it was tough for them to update us on shipping as to where it was. But, we haven't had any problems with them.

Thank you so much kan7103! Did they come to your unit to do a consult or did you just provide them with the measurements? Definitely sounds like a good option from your experience. I don't mind waiting a little while if it's a good price

Welcome to the forum, monkichi!

What unit do you have?
A lot of factors will determine the price of the shades; ceiling height, the amount of windows you have and the brand.

I ended up going to Kingsway Carpet and Blinds, just over at North Queen and East Mall and went with fabric Hunter Douglas shades. They weren't cheap but they have an amazing 7 year warranty and honestly look fantastic. I already had one issue with one shade and it was replaced in about a week and a half.

Welcome to the forum, monkichi!

What unit do you have?
A lot of factors will determine the price of the shades; ceiling height, the amount of windows you have and the brand.

I ended up going to Kingsway Carpet and Blinds, just over at North Queen and East Mall and went with fabric Hunter Douglas shades. They weren't cheap but they have an amazing 7 year warranty and honestly look fantastic. I already had one issue with one shade and it was replaced in about a week and a half.

Thank you 300SRT8, I will look into Kingsway as well! and maybe get a comparison. I'm on the 25th floor, 1+den

On the right when you get out of the elevators! Lucky for you I'm a quiet walker haha

Oh if you're on the right you aren't directly above us. We are right below the one on your left. Tell your neighbour to make sure to walk quietly ! Haha (threats can be used)

Back