News   Apr 26, 2024
 709     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Old Backlit Subway Map @ York Mills Station

wyliepoon

Member Bio
Reaction score
I haven't noticed this until last week, but the old YUS subway route maps at both ends of the platform at York Mills station were lit up. Certainly brings back some nostalgia from a time when the Spadina subway went only as far as Wilson and the Sheppard Subway only existed on paper.

5698009081_fb824778c0_b.jpg

5698006699_b77ef9fb5e_b.jpg

I presume it was from the late '80s early '90s era seeing as Downsview wasn't open until 1996

Oddly enough, this map just caught my attention recently too. York Mills is not a station I go to regularly, but certainly I've been in there a few times in the past 15 years. Strange how it could slip under everyone's radar for so long. Or maybe everybody else already knows about it and we're just the two least observant people in Toronto :>.

Conveniently close to the Adam Giambrone TTC Headquarter Museum, with an entire floor devoted to TTC Font and Signage Experiments!

TTC - the transit system that branding forgot!

Conveniently close to the Adam Giambrone TTC Headquarter Museum, with an entire floor devoted to TTC Font and Signage Experiments!

TTC - the transit system that branding forgot!
Did you use that Ford Nation spelling of "Headquarter" on purpose?

Speaking of strange things in TTC stations that fly under the radar, the artificial plants at Wilson Station that look like fake Christmas tree branches are bizarre and may have single-handedly caused numerous people to lose all faith in Toronto design. Fortunately, the damage can be undone.

Last edited:

Back