1.5K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 4.1K     5 

Office rental space recommendations needed

Admiral Beez

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I need to expand outside of my home office. I live nearby in Cabbagetown and want somewhere I can cycle to (ideally would like to bring bike into office, if possible, worried about bike theft/vandals). not too sketchy area. It's just me, so I essentially needs space for a desk, phone, pc, etc... and a shared loo and perhaps a shared reception area and staffer.

I hear these guys advertised a lot on the radio, http://www.regus.ca/office-space/m4x-1v4/?q=M4X-1V4&top=true

Any thoughts and recommendations? Cheers

Last edited:
There's Prime Office as well in the downtown towers.... I don't know their footprint, but just another option.

Shared conference rooms, bathrooms, receptionist, phone/internet, etc...

There's Prime Office as well in the downtown towers.... I don't know their footprint, but just another option.

Shared conference rooms, bathrooms, receptionist, phone/internet, etc...

I know someone who worked in one at BCE place that really appreciated it.

It looked just like the setup Filip described. It was a simply decorated space with a main receptionist area, a dozen offices, a big meeting room, a photocopy room, and a small kitchen/lunchroom for anyone who worked there (microwave/coffee machine/toaster/fridge/water cooler/etc.)

The receptionist would screen calls for everyone. Her phone would tell her which number the caller dialed so she could answer appropriately: "Hello. XYZ company". The receptionist would pick up everyone's mail and sort and deliver it every day; handle incoming and outgoing courier deliveries; book meeting rooms; and was the liaison to the building staff (ie. "It's too cold in my office!").

There was a standing contract for an outsourced IT and telecom service that would assist with any tech problems.

I believe at least 5 businesses operated out of that office, but there were no signs for anyone visible from the outside. Guests who were invited for a meeting generally wouldn't even know it was a shared space. It was labelled simply with the suite number.

Last edited:

Back