News   Jul 23, 2024
 353     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 429     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 1.8K     3 

NW corner Yonge and Dundas (formerly the Gap, future condo site, ?)

BTW count me in with those who actually don't mind the sign tower--at least it's honest about its ad-bedecked skeletal grotesqueness. I prefer that to the "daintiness" of the more recent protrusions atop the Eaton Centre...

I love that metal tower too - its industrial look is on purpose. The cheesey ads for crap CTV programs are definitely regrettable though.

I would hate to see this corner demo'd... it's the mix of old and new on corners such as this that make it so visually interesting. Tearing down the heritage buildings and replacing them with glass box condos would make the square/intersection feel much too sterile. I'm with some of the other commenters who would rather see any highrise residential here go on top of the Atrium building, set back slightly from the corner. (And on the opposite corner above TLS or whatever name it is going by these days)

don't think it makes sense to have a condo on that corner. Maybe a hotel makes more sense, but a condo? Who wants to live there?
The former site of Hakki Eyeglasses at Dundas/Victoria is a better choice. Not sure what they are doing to that building though.

BTW count me in with those who actually don't mind the sign tower--at least it's honest about its ad-bedecked skeletal grotesqueness.
I suppose, but it really amps up the whole Bladerunner feel of Dundas Square -- anytime I'm there at night, I expect to see airships advertising the off-world colonies...

I suppose, but it really amps up the whole Bladerunner feel of Dundas Square -- anytime I'm there at night, I expect to see airships advertising the off-world colonies...

Not that that's bad or anything, under the circumstances.

Back