News   May 31, 2024
 221     3 
News   May 31, 2024
 871     1 
News   May 31, 2024
 698     0 

Nuvo at Essex: Six Points Plaza (Tridel, 29s, G+C) COMPLETE

Hey Tridelwebmaster, welcome to the forum...:)

I am actually working on this building right now....

Some insider info,
The crane was removed last week,
drywall is up to about the 15th floor,
13 suites per floor
all common elements are shared with nuvo1 and are in that building,
4 levels of parking

it has a lovely view to the south.... a nice big industrial area and train yard :D

looks like the fifth building will be seperate from n1 and n2

welcome Voltz, nice to have you aboard....:)

Welcome Voltz. Thanks for the update. Hopefully workers from other projects will also come on-board. Now if we could get someone from Bay Adelaide to post some photos.

Their website, under "Community Masterplan", claims that they're "creating cohesive architecture that fits within the Etobicoke neighbourhood" which doesn't exactly sound remarkable. Actually, it's like they took the easy way out. That strip of Dundas currently is a series of chain retail, big box and car dealerships, surrounded by the typical subdivisions, and unrefined industrial/commercial land, slab tower rental and utterly boring new condos. Perhaps in the future when condos dominate, there will be greater cohesiveness.

Are these supposed to be connected with the Kipling subway station across the street?

looks like the fifth building will be seperate from n1 and n2

Good! Let's hope it's even taller than the rest (and better looking)!

I passed by the site a few days ago and they had the biggest crane up that I've ever seen. It was standing on the ground and the arm, which was at an angle, was noticeably higher than the top floor, which is about 30 storeys. I wish I had snapped a pic.

I saw that thing too - it was telescoping, not a tower crane. It was friggin huge! However, I was on my way to the DMV to re-get my G1 (Thanks Ontario) after several years of not having a license, so I was a little preoccupied.

That large crane on the groud next to the building was used to remove the tower crane from the roof. It came in on 3-4 transport trucks, plus the base that drove it self in, Costs about $10 000 Per hour :eek: to operate. It can reach up about 50 stories, buildings higher that that need a heavy lift chopper to remove the crane.

kipling station is going to be renovated soon, with a new mississauga and go transit terminal, and a new entrance/exit on the east end under the kipling ave bridge. the buildings dont really connect with the station, you have to cross the road and go pretty far out of your way to reach the current entrance.

Hopefully the area will look better when the vacant lands on the east side of kipling are built up.

5th tower in Essex/Nuovo complex

Do you have the project where I can clearly see the exact position of the 5th Tridel tower in Etobicoke ?
I know its position will be transversal to Essex 1 and not in line of Nuovo 2. It will be close to the border of Viking Rd., leaving room to the St. Albans Rd. , but I would like to know the exact position. How close it will be to Nuovo 2 (how southwest it will be).

Parc Nuvo at Essex - this may not be a final rendering:

highrise1401.jpg

Back