News   May 13, 2024
 562     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 871     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.5K     3 

November 2020 US Election

There we go, call me surprised:

You know he is up to no good staying away from the public for that long.

AoD

Meh. Weaksauce. States certify their own elections. This ain't stopping any of them.

This about trying to delegitimize the Biden Presidency and stay in the good graces of the Trumpian base than it is about actually overturning the result at this point.

It has certainly been argued that way, particularly in the context of the upcoming GA Senate runoffs. Having said so, Barr has demonstrated an overt authoritarian streak - I would not put it pass him at. all.

AoD

This sort of bareknuckled politicking based on falsehoods is why I want the Mueller investigation resumed with no limits on charges.

Biden is too civil for this. But it's the only way to ensure there's a penalty for malign behaviour like amplifying foreign propaganda.

And remember: even if the Trump camp hasn't had a legal or legislative leg to stand on re the "fraudulent" election, as long as he's still in office and has the power to hire and fire who he can and will, he can do a *lot* of I'll-teach-you vengeful destruction from now until Jan 20.

Again, it's the old angry-ex-taking-it-in-his-own-hands approach. And it doesn't matter whether he *literally* wins or loses (or even lives); because by taking it in his own hands, he's "winning" in the crudest sense, by being "on top". And by creating a cult, it's all "WWG1WGA" when it comes to that kind of crude "winning".

So, despite the comical Four-Seasons-Landscaping appearance of things so far, Civil War II chaos is still not off the table.

And remember: even if the Trump camp hasn't had a legal or legislative leg to stand on re the "fraudulent" election, as long as he's still in office and has the power to hire and fire who he can and will, he can do a *lot* of I'll-teach-you vengeful destruction from now until Jan 20.

Indeed. Fired the head of the office that does national climate assessments and replaced him with a climate change skeptic this morning:

This comes after firing the head of the National Nuclear Security Administration, the deputy of the US Agency for International Development, and chair of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on the weekend.

And of course, the Secretary of Defense Mark Esper yesterday:

Esper was likely to be the only Trump cabinet secretary to stay on with Biden. Looks like Trump is trying to do maximum damage to the bureaucracy on the way out.

Indeed. Fired the head of the office that does national climate assessments and replaced him with a climate change skeptic this morning:

This comes after firing the head of the National Nuclear Security Administration, the deputy of the US Agency for International Development, and chair of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on the weekend.

Esper was likely to be the only Trump cabinet secretary to stay on with Biden. Looks like Trump is trying to do maximum damage to the bureaucracy on the way out.

Wray and Haspel will get it soon.

AoD

With only ~2 months to Biden being in office, these folks should be easy enough to rehire in January. I'm sure they'll get good severance which means this is essentially paid vacation.

My only question is whether the replacements cause active harm in the interim.

Yes and no. The public servants in those jurisdictions will be keeping track of any damage and will be able to reverse a lot of it on Day one.

Most of the acting appointments are actually decent (climate assessments aside). Mostly, Trump seems to be getting rid of Senate confirmed appointees and sidelining public servants who opposed his policies.

Back