News   Apr 22, 2024
 809     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 272     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 685     0 

November 2020 US Election

Nothing unexpected has happened so far. Lots of polls are still open. Way too early to call anything.

I'm sick to my stomach right now. I know if Trump wins he go after women's rights, take away gay marriage and trans rights, well... whats left of trans rights. He has already stripped trans people of their right to have health insurance.

I'm sick to my stomach right now. I know if Trump wins he go after women's rights, take away gay marriage and trans rights, well... whats left of trans rights. He has already stripped trans people of their right to have health insurance.

Most of your examples are legislated/regulated at the state level. The current composition of the SCOTUS suggests that they may, in fact, be threatened but we don't know yet, and cases would have to work their way up from the state appellate level. Senior jurists can sometimes surprise people and do what they swore to do, but we will see. His amendment to the ACA does do as you state but I assume will be challenged. He keeps saying he wants to gut the ACA in entirety anyway.

Even as Florida appears to be leaning Trump.................

They have voted for what would seem to be a very progressive ballot initiative.

They have voted to raised the minimum wage to $15USD by 2026.

I'm assuming that won't change w/the outstanding vote, as its ahead at 62%

I should note, this isn't just progressive for low-income Floridians.

It changes the cost-competitiveness for minimum wages in Canada as well.

Looking at 2016 in Florida I didn’t realize how Johnson and Stein cost Clinton the state.

If you vote for someone who has no chance of becoming president it means you don’t care who becomes president.

Looking at 2016 in Florida I didn’t realize how Johnson and Stein cost Clinton the state.

If you vote for someone who has no chance of becoming president it means you don’t care who becomes president.

That is an entirely unreasonable statement.

A more reasonable one might be "It indicates a failure to understand the implications of your vote, in some cases"

The real irony of this election is that Trump has made substantial gains with Hispanics, and that's why Biden lost Florida and Texas.

Back