News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 352     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 914     1 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

They would not be permitted right now for privacy reasons.

You reckon?

What distinctions in terms of civil rights would you draw between quarantine signs, curfews, and vaccines in the water supply?

Is there a hierarchy of civil rights?

Privacy > freedom of movement > freedom of self ....or whatever order.

Just wondering because you dismiss the idea of quarantine signs out of hand yet agree with vaccines in the water supply (which, by the way, would be medically unethical) and curfews as well, iirc.

No seriously though.....what's happening with the anti-body testing?

My family in Europe have ready access to such.

Are they holding it back here for some reason?

Asking for a friend.

What? And have the porch pirates run away w/the vaccine! (and the doctor if Amazon delivered those too)

Well, I assumed you have to be home to 'receive the package'.

Better than giving it over to Bell or Rogers. You'd have to be home between 9 and 4 then they wouldn't show up anyway.

With so many people at home?

That was actually hilarious. As a copper, never begrudge the dumb ones. When he said "call the cops", did she really say 'I don't know the number'?

Well, I assumed you have to be home to 'receive the package'.

Better than giving it over to Bell or Rogers. You'd have to be home between 9 and 4 then they wouldn't show up anyway.

Ok....its really rare for me to laugh out loud............

I'm glad I wasn't eating/drinking at the moment I read this!

The rain of hypocrites continues...............

This time its the CEO of Niagara Health who was off enjoying the Dominican Republic over the holidays.

The article:

From the article:

Dr. Thomas Stewart, the CEO of two major hospitals in Ontario, has resigned from several COVID-19 advisory groups after taking a vacation to the Dominican Republic during the holidays.

He returned from his 19-day vacation on Tuesday, all while COVID-19 cases have been rising in Ontario.

While having resigned from some advisory panels, he remains the CEO of the hospitals in question.

Still too slow, but the ramp up in vaccinations continues.............

Just shy of 9,800 yesterday or about double the number from 48 hours earlier.

By week's end we need to be at/over 15,000 per day; and up to 30,000 per day not too long thereafter.

With so many people at home?

there aren't enough LOLs - it's a comedy sketch.

if that was USA, the guy would have been shot on the spot.

only in Canada, does the victim offer suggestions for the front wheels to touch the ground since it's FWD & help to lend the a shovel to the 'alleged' thief, and the wife 'I don't know the number' to call the cops?!?

Last edited:
Richard White, The Ford government is bungling the rollout early on with questionable decision-making. This is cause for worry and criticism; however, the rate-determining difference between leading vaccine roll-out nations and us is the supply and procurement process that the Federal Government bungled. These early poor decisions by Ontario are good conversation but they represent rounding errors in the greater scheme.

It's true that there are global supple issues and limits but that is NOT why Canada is falling behind in the volume of vaccines administered compared to exceptional international peer examples. The Provincial governments (especially Ontario) are bungling the roll out of the small number of units available. The Federal government is purposely deflecting responsibility by relying on the numerical illiteracy of the population. A big screw-up in a small number of vaccine doses is small relative to even a small screw-up in a large vaccine procurement overall. That said the sub-optimal Federal government procurement performance was a large issue not a small issue. They compensated for this with a large volume purchase under the guise of "hedging bets". I suspect this action, functionally useless to protecting the health of Canadians, was largely politically calculated.

Richard White, The Ford government is bungling the rollout early on with questionable decision-making. This is cause for worry and criticism; however, the rate-determining difference between leading vaccine roll-out nations and us is the supply and procurement process that the Federal Government bungled. These early poor decisions by Ontario are good conversation but they represent rounding errors in the greater scheme.

It's true that there are global supple issues and limits but that is NOT why Canada is falling behind in the volume of vaccines administered compared to exceptional international peer examples. The Provincial governments (especially Ontario) are bungling the roll out of the small number of units available. The Federal government is purposely deflecting responsibility by relying on the numerical illiteracy of the population. A big screw-up in a small number of vaccine doses is small relative to even a small screw-up in a large vaccine procurement overall. That said the sub-optimal Federal government procurement performance was a large issue not a small issue. They compensated for this with a large volume purchase under the guise of "hedging bets". I suspect this action, functionally useless to protecting the health of Canadians, was largely politically calculated.

The number of vaccines in-situ would allow for 3x as many people to have been vaccinated as has been the case to date.

That would bring Canada into line with most other OECD countries; though still vastly behind Israel which is the run-away leader.

I'm not sure that critiquing the supply on-hand is reasonable, thus far when rollout of what is available has been so low.

Supply is not currently the limiting factor.

Back