News   Jul 16, 2024
 354     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 456     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Why am I not surprised?

5 higher-risk postal codes recommended for targeted vaccination...were left off the province’s final list of hot spots, while eight lower-risk areas — most of which are in PC ridings — were included

And I can't wait to see what they will find when they do a deep dive on vaccine distribution as well. I swear, we need to drag the folks that made the final calls and make them answer for their bad-faith policies.

AoD

Peel is doing what the province won’t (but should)

Direct Link to the Globe and Mail article (currently not paywalled):

Two Paragraph Excerpt of Key Info, below:

"Lawrence Loh, Medical Officer of Health for Peel, will issue a new order on Tuesday to direct all businesses with five or more cases of COVID-19 within the past two weeks to shutter for 10 days.

The closings will be ordered when at least five cases are deemed to have been “reasonably acquired” in the workplace, and will take effect as early as Friday. The names of the businesses will be published on Peel’s website once they’ve been notified. The region includes the cities of Brampton and Mississauga."

And Peel is also encouraging businesses to provide paid sick days, since the province is also falling short on that.

It is ridiculous that we had to do that at the regional level - finally after public anger and demonstrated impotence at the provincial level. Guess the MOC felt that he can finally do it without pressure from the top or public blowback. The sad thing is that preventative benefits of these actions are completely lost - we literally have the cart before the horse (things are getting out of hand, so can finally take action that would have prevented it from happening in the first place). Awful logic - it's about as stupid as Sylvia Jones saying that we need to see the hospital cases before enacting policies that would prevent them from happening.

AoD

Last edited:
Why am I not surprised?

And I can't wait to see what they will find when they do a deep dive on vaccine distribution as well. I swear, we need to drag the folks that made the final calls and make them answer for their bad-faith policies.

AoD

Ho ho ho, Christmas came early:

AoD

Back