News   May 08, 2024
 224     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 454     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 753     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

As am I although, having said that, I'm not aware of the number of doses received. Some of the approved products require specialized handling and storage, but we apparently hired a 'crack' team of organizational, logistical, leadership and medical experts to lead this, and I'm not yet seeing the return on our investment.
I was joking with my business partner that vaccines should be handled by... Elections Canada. Who else can mobilize many people and locations in a very short time, if necessary? Or use a delivery device so we can self-administer the vaccine, and send it with an Epi pen to all households! :) Seriously, Israel has been able to administer the vaccine to 12% of its population and counting, outstripping its supply. Our performance is pathetic.

I was joking with my business partner that vaccines should be handled by... Elections Canada. Who else can mobilize many people and locations in a very short time, if necessary? Or use a delivery device so we can self-administer the vaccine, and send it with an Epi pen to all households! :) Seriously, Israel has been able to administer the vaccine to 12% of its population and counting, outstripping its supply. Our performance is pathetic.

We might be frowned upon if we see people going on "vacation" (twice within a month or two) to Israel, but are really going to get their vaccinations.

I previously noted we have over 15,000 family docs who don't have hospital privileges, but know perfectly well how to give someone an injection.

At one injection per doctor, per day, we'd quadruple our vaccination rate.

At 10 per day, we'd be on a respectable clip.

No need to reinvent the wheel here; we have the know-how to do this; government is simply making it appear otherwise.

I previously noted we have over 15,000 family docs who don't have hospital privileges, but know perfectly well how to give someone an injection.

At one injection per doctor, per day, we'd quadruple our vaccination rate.

At 10 per day, we'd be on a respectable clip.

No need to reinvent the wheel here; we have the know-how to do this; government is simply making it appear otherwise.
The requirement to keep the vaccine super chilled (at least until the Moderna one is more widely available) is an issue in your plan. Getting the vaccine out to those offices at -80º is a challenge, never mind storing it at the office.

The requirement to keep the vaccine super chilled (at least until the Moderna one is more widely available) is an issue in your plan. Getting the vaccine out to those offices at -80º is a challenge, never mind storing it at the office.

Ontario is supposed to have at least 53,000 doses of the Moderna Vaccine already.

That's on top of 90000 of the Pfizer doses (those requiring the deep freeze).

So lets review; we have (if those reports are to be believed) no less than 143000 available doses; of which we have dispensed no more than 42,000 and change, or well less than 1/3.

The former could be done through designated hospitals; while the latter could be dispersed to clinics (regular or temporary).

I think there's plenty of room to be using a greater number of channels and to expect much more substantive rollout in the time allotted.

More doses were expected throughout this month as well.

That's before factoring in Astra-Zeneca and others likely to be available shortly.

Given how COVID-19 strains mutate, we might end up taking more than one vaccine and the pandemic would last many years.

Even worse, there's still plenty of people who won't take vaccines for ideological reasons.

Yep, these vaccines could be completely useless against the new mutant Covid strains Scientist's are still unsure if they will work. We could be getting different Covid vaccines every year, like the flu shot. My doctor even said that to me back in the summer.

From link.

1609800441077.png

Toronto finally publishing some workplace outbreak data. Along with mildly more rigid international travel restrictions it's good that our governments are starting to implement self-evident policy after 10-months of delay.

They should publish data about outbreaks in large multi-residential communities as well as a matter of self-evident public policy.

That should have been done since day one. We consumers should know what businesses have covid outbreaks. I applaud all the businesses that used social media to inform customers or visitors that they may have been exposed to Covid during cretin dates.

I dunno - some of the folks I've seen staffing our polling station ain't coming at me with a needle. Maybe Amazon, or telemarketers (they always seem to find me). Or the CRA. Seriously, besides the issue of refrigeration, Epi-pens are subdural, not intermuscular and would add a cost plus time penalty for approval of the delivery system. I'm starting to think someone in the back of my pickup with a blow gun or tranq. dart could get faster distribution.

Last edited:
I dunno - some of the folks I've seen staffing our polling station ain't coming at me with a needle. Maybe Amazon, or telemarketers (they always seem to find me). Or the CRA. Seriously, besides the issue of refrigeration, Epi-pens are subdural, not intermuscular and would add a cost plus time penalty for approval of the delivery system. I'm starting to think someone in the back of my pickup with a blow gun or tranq. dart could get faster distribution.

It's a shame they can't just put it into the water supply.

Back