News   Oct 03, 2024
 116     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 4.3K     1 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 653     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Yep, 3-4 hours seems to be the average at many locations. My friend waited around that time at Toronto Western Hospital a couple weeks ago. Seeing these wait times only deters people from going to get testing done, or they hold it off until things escalate.

That's if you can get tested. Covid test centers all over the place are turning people away. Guelph was closed by this afternoon, reached full capacity. Kitchener reached capacity by the morning!

My friend on his way to work, saw people lining up at the test centre at 5 am.

What a nightmare 😟

We have enough data and experience now that everything happening is essentially predictable. We as people and our leadership cannot claim to be surprised. We are now consciously choosing the results. Any further crisis is a crisis of our own design.

In a rare break from my criticism of Canada’s atrocious display of pandemic leadership I wanted to give a shout-out to Joe Cressy.
Politically and even in terms of his stand on local issues I rarely find myself aligned with his position; however, he has been a voice of reason and a champion of sound, evidence-based concrete solutions to Toronto’s pandemic response.

Do Toronto schools still have nurses? They did when I was in school in the 1950's and 1960's. Couldn't the school nurses do COVID-19 tests for the students, teachers, and staff?
Goodness no. My wife works in admin at a school, they don't even have well stocked first aid kits. One kid came in that was stabbed and my wife (first aid trained, and one of those indefatigable women in the office not to be trifled with), in the midst of a five alarm security lock down had to use a feminine hygiene pad as a field dressing (ironically, that's where they originated) whilst waiting for the ambulance and police emergency response. You'll be lucky if there's more than one defibrillator in any of the large high schools.

If you're sending a delicate or high risk youngster to school, their health and safety is in their own hands. Looking at how stupidly some students are acting during Covid19, some won't make it.

Last edited:
Goodness no. My wife works in admin at a school, they don't even have well stocked first aid kits. One kid came in that was stabbed and my wife (first aid trained, and one of those indefatigable women in the office not to be trifled with), in the midst of a five alarm security lock down had to use a feminine hygiene pad as a field dressing (ironically, that's where they originated) whilst waiting for the ambulance and police emergency response. You'll be lucky if there's more than one defibrillator in any of the large high schools.

If you're sending a delicate or high risk youngster to school, their health and safety is in their own hands. Looking at how stupidly some students are acting during Covid19, some won't make it.

Being seniors, we have a box of newborn baby diapers in the car trunk. Can be used as "field dressing" as well. Haven't reached the point of getting "adult diapers" yet.

In case anyone wanted to shoot the messengers and accuse others of journalistic incompetence (instead of inept political leadership, which is far more apparent).

Nothing say comprehensive, well-organized and clear advance planning like utter confusion and proclamation of unreadiness by the front line less then 2 working days before the supposed start date - you know, people actually doing the work.

AoD

Last edited:

Back