News   May 15, 2024
 1     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 259     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 754     1 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

The 2,257 passengers and crew onboard the Westerdam luxury liner are in limbo once again after Thailand became the latest country to turn the ship away from its ports, leaving guests desperate to disembark after almost two weeks at sea.

Fearing that some passengers aboard the Westerdam may be infected with the deadly new coronavirus, Thailand’s Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul announced Tuesday in a Facebook post that he’s directed authorities not to let them disembark. The statement was confirmed by other Thai officials.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world...tion-as-coronavirus-death-toll-surpasses-1000

Morneau warns that coronavirus will have a 'real' impact on Canadian economy

The outbreak and widespread quarantine efforts are having ripple effects around the world

Kathleen Harris · CBC News · Posted: Feb 10, 2020 12:02 PM ET

Finance Minister Bill Morneau said today the coronavirus outbreak will have a "significant impact" on Canada's economy, with the oil patch expected to be among the sectors hardest hit.

Speaking at the Economic Club of Calgary, Morneau said the novel coronavirus will have ripple effects throughout the world because of China's massive economic footprint. A recent Bloomberg report estimates the coronavirus and efforts to contain it will cut U.S. economic growth alone by 0.4 per cent in the first quarter.

"It's a significant impact. We also know that the impacts on Canada will be real — impacts on tourism, impacts on the oil sector and, of course, impacts on supply chains for any business that has a supply chain that is integrated with Chinese producers or Chinese consumers," he said.

The hardest part of this virus is that anyone can be a virus carrier without having any signs of it but infecting others.

Bats and Pangolins are wild animals and who knows what they are carrying.

I've been eating moose and wild rabbit for years (not to mention the grouse, pheasants, etc)...and have had squirrel.
It's all in how you treat it.

I'm sad I can't say I've been mental enough to try moose tartare though....I may just be a poser after all. ;)

I've been eating moose and wild rabbit for years (not to mention the grouse, pheasants, etc)...and have had squirrel.
It's all in how you treat it.

I'm sad I can't say I've been mental enough to try moose tartare though....I may just be a poser after all. ;)

As have I (no squirrel, but beaver tail). It's a little strange that some people draw a line between wild and domesticated meat (addition of drugs, etc. aside) and even between wild meat = bad but wild fish = okay. It's all in how it is handled afterwards. Laying in out on a table in the sun next to another species or while a monkey or something gambols about might be part of the problem.

As have I (no squirrel, but beaver tail). It's a little strange that some people draw a line between wild and domesticated meat (addition of drugs, etc. aside) and even between wild meat = bad but wild fish = okay. It's all in how it is handled afterwards. Laying in out on a table in the sun next to another species or while a monkey or something gambols about might be part of the problem.

Not just a matter of handling - being in close proximity with some animal types that are known reservoirs of pathogens (nevermind butching it as food) entails risk. That's also one reason why caves are dangerous.

AoD

The difference is that you're not seeking them out for some ridiculously held mysticism that eating moose 'nads will give you sharper vision. Honestly, China is a leader in science and engineering.... how can they be so backward in thinking rhino horn will solve one's ED?

I wish they'd "discover" that consuming any kerotin was bad luck and leave the elephants, rhinos and for god sakes the pangolin alone.

The difference is that you're not seeking them out for some ridiculously held mysticism that eating moose 'nads will give you sharper vision.

I've never had moose balls...are you telling me I could be seeing better right now?!?!?!?!

I've had sheep's balls and my vision got worse, if anything.

Man, I ate a dish I made with 40 chicken hearts a couple of weeks ago and I got me breathing better.

Are you sure this bullshit folklore isn't real? ?

China is spraying disinfectants in the streets with trucks and drones. It's like the never ending horror movie over there.

Back