News   Aug 23, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 564     0 

Note: Toronto Retail Thread

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
The mods have decided that the Toronto Retail Thread will be split up and given its own subforum, given the increasing complexity of the said thread and the potential interest such a sub forum may generate.

You may notice the Toronto Retail Thread start to be split into separate threads in preparation of this change.

Wow - quite the job carving this mother up. And it was the mother of all threads, too. Sean and I have had a go at it - your turn now DarkStar!

Man, it is a tough nut. I've found many messages that were not put into their proper new threads, and many messages mention two or three things at once. I've taken another stab this afternoon.

The thing with a retail thread is that you might be talking about one thing, and that dovetails into another related topic. I guess we'll have to be more careful with our posting here now. I'm sure we'll figure it out somehow :)

We'll figure it out I'm sure. In all sections, threads can dovetail into another topic. Basically, try to keep it "on tune" but we don't mind a bit of dovetailing in these sections. P&C on the other hand should be pretty strictly "on topic" always.

I guess I'm in the minority here. I'm not quite sure why it was felt to be "unmanageable". I fear that a great and lively thread has now been butchered, and we're left with forgettable threads such as "H&M Queen West". Too bad.

The new sub-forum is up and running. Hopefully this will trigger more discussion and news on this topic. There have been stand-alone threads on retail issues that have been reunited with their kin by taking this approach - the Harvey's posts in One Bedford P&C have moved into a Harvey's thread in Retail, where discussions on closed stores have appeared elsewhere too.

Back