RIMG1649.JPG

RIMG1646.JPG

RIMG1645.JPG

RIMG1644.JPG

RIMG1642.JPG

RIMG1641.JPG

RIMG1640.JPG

RIMG1639.JPG

Cripes. What a pile of ugly crap North York has to offer.

I love the range of 'hyper-density' (relatively, in a Toronto-scale), to single-detached homes just a block away.

And thank goodness buildings that look like they belong in North York just happen to be located there (though I wouldn't mind if the commercial buildings migrated south).

It's really becoming a useful node. The last recession stopped everything dead in its tracks, but now that more and more stuff is going in, it's actually serving its purpose. For people who no longer enjoy the hustle of downtown, or the grunginess of Queen St, they can actually do stuff up there like go to restaurants, maybe catch a movie, or stroll through Chapters.

And hey, regardless of how it looks, there are tens of thousands of new people living on the subway. Much better than having them live in sprawl, or even a less transit friendly node such as Etobicoke waterfront or MCC.

or stroll through Chapters

Chapters still at the Bayview Centre? Does that count as "North York Centre"?

And remember how short-lived the Empress Walk Indigo was...

Isn't there still a Chapters or Indigo at Yonge and Empress? There was last time I was there.

The Empress Walk Indigo only lasted a year or two after it opened--it's now Staples. (Though as ill-fated Empress Walk retail goes, it's no match for Tower Records...)

What a monster that building in the background is. Though for some reason I like it - at least in this picture.
RIMG1649.JPG

north york looks amazing some days while oter days it looks average...all in all i like what i feel when i walk down this part of yonge street

"What a monster that building in the background is."

Ultima!

I need to go up there to take photos of this year's crop of new buildings. In a sick way, I always look forward to seeing North York become more North York. I can't wait to see the Ultima thing in person, it's quite bizarrely huge.

i happen to like the ultima... try to think of it as 2 twin buildings located closely together instead of one bulky building....

And Ultima is smack dab in between two office buildings so it's almost a clump of four buildings. Pretty much none of Ultima's units have any view whatsoever.

Back