News   Sep 03, 2024
 655     2 
News   Sep 03, 2024
 963     1 
News   Sep 03, 2024
 2.1K     0 

North End vs. South End

Why not just do Downtown vs the burbs?
Do you consider Forest Hill as part or either category? I don't.

There was actually a thread here about that here a while back, about what actually makes a neighbourhood suburban in Toronto.

Because downtown can't compete. You haven't lived until you have a dozen Jack Astors within drivable distance, each with ample parking (day or night). And the crime? It's all white collar! Paradise.

Don't forget the 24-hour Wal-Marts beside the Jack Astors, for your weekly $5 t-shirt needs. Try to find that downtown.

^Well technically south of Bloor has both just not beside each other...Oh my God, downtown is the new suburbs!

It was just a funny article, I don't know what all the fuss is about! Although, I agree with whoever said that anything south of Lawrence is accessable. North of that may as well be annexed by Vaughan, its basically suburbia anyways. (This is coming from a York University student)

Of course. That's where all the whiteys moved to escape the dark-skinned hoodlums and urban blight

Adma - if that's the case then the "whiteys" will be in trouble regardless - there are dark & mixed skinned people everywhere, not to mention pink and wrinkly skinned people like yourself (i.e. gay & old)....there's no place to escape to from the non-whites....just like how you need to accept that you're no longer young, you also need to accept that Toronto is no longer white...

There are crappy and great areas both north and south of Bloor. Also some areas that people think are great others don't - e.g., I'm not a big fan of Yorkville. In addition, areas and people's situations change - eg. if you have a family you might not like living in a 700 sq ft condo downtown. I think the great thing about Toronto is the number of terrific neigbourhoods all over the city - north/south, east/west.

Back