News   May 03, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 617     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 298     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Everyone: Just thinking-would Norm Kelly have support from Torontonians should he become Mayor once the Ford conflict is resolved?

LI MIKE

Everyone: Just thinking-would Norm Kelly have support from Torontonians should he become Mayor once the Ford conflict is resolved?

LI MIKE

I think Norm Kelly would have the support as he would be mayor for a very short term basis. Kelly has said he will not run for mayor in the upcoming election, but I think the majority of people would support him as an interim mayor.

Norm Kelly would ordinarily be the fiscally conservative stand-in for the disgraced Ford, but the sociopaths of Ford IndigNation are mocking Kelly too, almost as though they see him as part of the 'lefty conspiracy'. How do you brainwash a population like that?

I truly believe comparisons with humankind's darkest moments are relevant here. The Ford's appeal to the most virulent forms of small mindedness, hate, and fear. I think it's absolutely relevant to make comparisons to the way some Germans were taken in under the Nazi's. I am fully aware of how strong a statement this is. I believe the mentalities are not that different. And for the record both of my parents grew up in occupied Europe, nearly starved, and remember neighbours being taken away never to return.

Ford Nation is incapable of critical or nuanced thinking and they are standing firm against all reason, and it's a scary thing.

I think Norm Kelly would have the support as he would be mayor for a very short term basis. Kelly has said he will not run for mayor in the upcoming election, but I think the majority of people would support him as an interim mayor.

I think if there are a few events in which Norm Kelly shows clear leadership and strong conservative convictions, you may start having some newspapers like the Sun and National Post suggesting that he run for mayor. If Ford is sidelined and quieted down effectively for the rest of the term, this effectively prevents Ford from messing around at city hall and "trying" to get his agenda passed- giving him less ammunition to work with (aka the "I've done a lot of 'work'", "I've been the one that's turning around the city" spiel that we've been hearing).

As of now, the best way to show Ford Nation that Ford isn't necessary to running the city well. Let him show an utter lack of leadership while others pick up the slack, show that a compassionate and fiscally-conservative budget can and will exist.

It's literally how a oyster would deal with a piece of grit- by enveloping, sealing it off and preventing it from doing more damage.

Last edited:
I think if there are a few events in which Norm Kelly shows clear leadership and strong conservative convictions, you may start having some newspapers like the Sun and National Post suggesting that he run for mayor.

Except that he's in his early 70s--more likely, he'd have "endorsement authority" upon future contenders...

Norm Kelly would ordinarily be the fiscally conservative stand-in for the disgraced Ford, but the sociopaths of Ford IndigNation are mocking Kelly too, almost as though they see him as part of the 'lefty conspiracy'. How do you brainwash a population like that?

I truly believe comparisons with humankind's darkest moments are relevant here. The Ford's appeal to the most virulent forms of small mindedness, hate, and fear. I think it's absolutely relevant to make comparisons to the way some Germans were taken in under the Nazi's. I am fully aware of how strong a statement this is. I believe the mentalities are not that different. And for the record both of my parents grew up in occupied Europe, nearly starved, and remember neighbours being taken away never to return.

Ford Nation is incapable of critical or nuanced thinking and they are standing firm against all reason, and it's a scary thing.

It is remarkably similar to the populist kleptocrats Chavez and Maduro in my mothers country, Venezuela, as well.

As of now, the best way to show Ford Nation that Ford isn't necessary to running the city well. Let him show an utter lack of leadership while others pick up the slack, show that a compassionate and fiscally-conservative budget can and will exist.

That never works with Ford Nation. For starters, we saw how Karen Stintz make the Scarborough subway happen while Ford was a babbling idiot. But guess who got credit: Rob Ford.

Ford got the credit for the Scarborough Subway city-wide, not just with Ford Nation.

Repeat a claim loud enough multiple times and people will begin to believe it.

Back