News   Jul 26, 2024
 377     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 857     1 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

It is an example of how people do not use their heads when voting. How many more times must I state this.
As you are 100% wrong, you need not say it again

As Rob Ford said in the last debate ...
Rob Ford is below average intelligence, a liar, a bigot, a racist, a drunk, an abuser ... does it matter what the guy says? He lies so frequently and consistently.

It is an example of how people do not use their heads when voting. How many more times must I state this.

Are people not using their heads when they realize how backwards Ford's transit plan is? Or when they realize it's not possible to balance a budget without either a) raising taxes or b) cutting services? To anyone that thinks such a magical formula exists, way to use your head. I'm going to run for mayor in 2014 - my platform will be as follows:

- Cut property taxes by 10%
- Cut council from 44 to 10
- Reduce TTC fare to $1.25
- Expand TTC with 6 new subway lines
- Build more highways
- Stop the gravy train!

Last edited:
It's amazing how me, a 19 year old nobody can make an intelligent vote based on ones policies, not based on their lifestyle. I will vote Mr. Ford because he tells it like it is. I live in Brampton (will be moving to Toronto soon) and I see what kind of laughable taxes my relatives pay who live in North York and Scarborough. We don't need and LRT clogging up streets, and we don't need a Mayor handling our money, our funding and budgets who has a history of mishandling money (ehealth, lhinis, hydro) and who has neglected funding for Toronto during his tenure as an MPP.

Okay, then. You're Peel Region. With that in mind, let's offer a high-rise condo aesthetic metaphor here.

Ford
2142387958_fb54a1cd92.jpg

Smitherman
casa_building.jpg

Okay, then. You're Peel Region. With that in mind, let's offer a high-rise condo aesthetic metaphor here.
Uh ... that's a pretty obscure comment for those that aren't erectionists.

Both are as ugly as sin ... and I'm not sure which one is worse ... but I don't think that's what you mean.

Maybe he raped and killed a girl in 1990? I mean, if he didn't, why doesn't he show us some evidence?

My question is valid. Smitherman refuses to show us a list of campaign contributers. What is he afraid of ? What is he hiding? What names are on this list?

I suspect that the list includes many of the consultants that fed at the trough at Queens Park and who are hoping to feed - like money sucking pigs - at the trough that Smitherman will create at City Hall if elected Mayor. Seeing the names on this list would give us a good idea of whose back pocket George will be in if elected (we already know he will be in the back pocket of most of the unions)

My question is valid. Smitherman refuses to show us a list of campaign contributers. What is he afraid of ? What is he hiding? What names are on this list?

I suspect that the list includes many of the consultants that fed at the trough at Queens Park and who are hoping to feed - like money sucking pigs - at the trough that Smitherman will create at City Hall if elected Mayor. Seeing the names on this list would give us a good idea of whose back pocket George will be in if elected (we already know he will be in the back pocket of most of the unions)

I bet your name is on that list. You pig sucking jumping bean.

Thank you Peepers for stating that. A repeat of ehealth.

And what does me living in Peel regiion have anything to do with this?

I'd like to do to Rob Ford what Russell Williams did to Jessica Lloyd and M-F Comeau.

This doesn't make me queasy, but it does make me wonder why you said that. As much as most of us find him aggravating and repulsive, we don't acutally want him dead. We'd rather he'd shut up, but nobody deserves death for political opinions.

That 9/11-scaled enough for ya? :D

Why does anyone living in Peel Region have any interest in the Toronto election?

Are you jealous that are taxes are lower?

I think he said he's moving to Toronto soon. Though that begs the question as to how one can assess the value of Ford's transit plan, good or bad, unless one uses the TTC regularly?

I care about the elections because it has an affect over my future. I never wanted to move to the 905, but unless I wanted to be homeless at 12 I had to. I believe Rob Ford can make it easier for me to live and settle in the city. That is why I care my friend. What the hell do you expect; 905 residents to be oblivious to issues going on in Toronto? Everything that happens in Toronto affects its neighbouring cities. Majority of people in the 905 and Hamilton work in Toronto. Many young people I know HATE Brampton and dream of moving to Toronto. How can we be soley focused on local issues when channel 10 on ROgers cable rarely shows townhall debates, yet CityNews at 7 reaches everyone in the GTA?

And yes, I am very familier with the TTC. I used to work summer jobs in Toronto, and stayed with my family in North York/Scarborough. I have been all over the city, know the busy routes, and know the problems. I even rode my biek a few times. And yes, I get very pissed when people have to yield to a streetcar stopping, or have to stay behind a streetcar going at 17/km per hour whhen I'm driving downtown with my dad. Do we need more of that? But hey, I guess I don't mind anything about the TTC because anything is better than Brampton Transit LOL.

And yes, I get very pissed when people have to yield to a streetcar stopping, or have to stay behind a streetcar going at 17/km per hour whhen I'm driving downtown with my dad.

1. Why is the streetcar driving at 17km/h? Probably because of all the other single and double occupant vehicles like yourself which clog the road.
2. Do you prefer Ford's solution of removing streetcars and putting 3 buses in its place, thus creating more traffic?
3. What would you prefer, more subway? Given that it costs upwards of $350m/km, are you willing to pay a higher fare or higher taxes in order to support transit expansion?

The only place that will really benefit from Ford's plan is Scarborough and even then, its density doesn't warrant a subway going that far east. TC, while not perfect, at least serves a lot more people and is much cheaper than subway.

Sue Ann Levy has 0 credibility. I don't even bother reading anything she writes.
Translation: I read her every day!

Joe Pantalone has just released a list of his campaign donors.

Rob Ford will release his list tomorrow.

As for Smitherman according to below article he will only release this information "long after the election"

What is Smitherman hiding?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ude-jack-layton-sam-sniderman/article1766261/
Once again Joe Pantalone wins the integrity battle! And a million Turkish Lira says the Fatwa's list gets delayed.

What I don't understand is why a controversial cabinet minister (to say the least) has the support of so many MPPs (including my own). Are the opposition parties AND his own party so desperate to keep him out of Provincial politics that they've united to dump him here? And I'm suppose to believe this is a good thing for Toronto?? Sorry, I don't buy it.

Back