News   May 17, 2024
 246     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 211     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.7K     5 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

Scotch & Soda is opening soon in Sherway. Fantastic stuff there usually.

To the person who wants Sherway to look like every other mall with Victoria's Secret, H&M, etc. I say no. Thats what makes Sherway what it is. I've also never seen an Urban Outfitters in a mall in any city or mall I've ever been to anyway, so unless I've missed them, I think that's part of their image. Malls are not urban, even when they are in cities.

To the person who wants Sherway to look like every other mall with Victoria's Secret, H&M, etc. I say no. Thats what makes Sherway what it is. I've also never seen an Urban Outfitters in a mall in any city or mall I've ever been to anyway, so unless I've missed them, I think that's part of their image. Malls are not urban, even when they are in cities.

Urban Outfitters is pretty big in malls in the U.S. I've seen tons of them.

What's keeping retailers out of Sherway is not lack of demand so much as lack of space. H&M would need ~ 20,000 sq ft for a store in Sherway, which I doubt Sherway has available right now or anytime in the near future without an expansion. Victoria's Secret also would require around 10,000 sq ft, which isn't small, but I think Sherway will get it.

EDIT: Speaking of Sherway:

COMING SOON TO SHERWAY...

Aeropostale - Fall
Locale - August
M for Mendocino - August
Swarovski re-opening with new concept store - August
Scotch & Soda - First to Canada store opening at Sherway in August

WATCH FOR IN 2011:

Juicy Couture

Last edited:
Sherway is a high end mall - I love it!

Oh how many wasted hours we spent skipping classes in High School and driving down to Sherway.

Last edited:
They really are taking a different approach to the stores here compared to the US stores. I'm so used to seeing that vault looking store with the fiery Hot Topic sign. This looks much more industrial and rather bland. I suppose they are trying to reach a broader audience.

They really are taking a different approach to the stores here compared to the US stores. I'm so used to seeing that vault looking store with the fiery Hot Topic sign. This looks much more industrial and rather bland. I suppose they are trying to reach a broader audience.

Yes, I agree Greg...this is the one in LA's outdoor Universal City...although this retail complex is uber-tourist-oriented, so I get the uber retail storefronts, however they could have used some of the design elements here in their new mall locations. The whole point of Hot Topic is being lured inside.

dsc00205r.jpg

By bauhaus at 2010-08-19

Yea the Hot Topic in Square One looks pretty low key and calm...
Oh and Hollister is opening in Limeridge Mall in Hamilton and Fairview Park Mall in Kitchener soon. Also, Bramalea city centre has about 100 new stores opening as of this fall..

Yea the Hot Topic in Square One looks pretty low key and calm...
Oh and Hollister is opening in Limeridge Mall in Hamilton and Fairview Park Mall in Kitchener soon. Also, Bramalea city centre has about 100 new stores opening as of this fall..

How are those malls getting Hollister when Square One doesn't have one yet? *grrr*

yeah...

Pickle barrel.

A nice cheap place to eat...

Back