News   Jul 12, 2024
 206     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 5.3K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 895     6 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

Square One is actually creating an even bigger unit from the old Roots location...it now includes Roots, MYAC, Fine Gold and Buffalo for a total of 11,340 sq ft. That's a pretty big location...wonder who the tenant could be? Seems a bit big for a fashion retailer, unless it's a 'big box' one like Forever 21 or Urban Outfitters...

Square One is actually creating an even bigger unit from the old Roots location...it now includes Roots, MYAC, Fine Gold and Buffalo for a total of 11,340 sq ft. That's a pretty big location...wonder who the tenant could be? Seems a bit big for a fashion retailer, unless it's a 'big box' one like Forever 21 or Urban Outfitters...

Look for Victoria Secret's Fall 2010.

You sure? That's over twice their normal average store size...

They may not take all of the newly vacated space...however, they are on the lease plan. Once this deal goes firm, then I'll update accordingly.

Does anyone know what exactly this building application at the Ryerson Business Building is for?

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=2532341

The description reads: "Interior alterations to convert existing vacant space to restaurant under 30 seats - Starbucks - to be located on the ground floor in the lobby of the Ryerson building - convenience address is 65 Dundas St W," but where is this vacant space?

I've long suspected that the poorly finished white wall behind the escalators was hiding additional retail space, but I've never seen a floor plan or leasing notice for the area.

According to the Disney Store President, 98 North American Disney Stores are closing. The only GTA location on the chopping block is Scarborough Town Centre. I guess Fairview and TEC are save. Apparently they are planning to spend 1 million per store to completely recreate the brand into "Imagination Parks". They are working with Steve Jobs of Apple to create a similar style stores.

Could be interesting.

Square One Disney Store was supposed to close to be renovated a few years ago when the company was part of Children's Place. It's probably a good thing that it didn't happen...the new stores were boring. Hopefully this means they can be high up on the reno list.

Southern Ontario has a high concentration of Disney Stores. While other markets like Buffalo and Detroit lost most or all of their stores, ours keep trucking along. They must do well.

They may not take all of the newly vacated space...however, they are on the lease plan. Once this deal goes firm, then I'll update accordingly.

Victoria Secret's is more than rumoured...look for them to open in Yorkdale and Sherway Gardens this year as well.

Does anyone know what exactly this building application at the Ryerson Business Building is for?

http://app.toronto.ca/ApplicationStatus/details.do?folderRsn=2532341

The description reads: "Interior alterations to convert existing vacant space to restaurant under 30 seats - Starbucks - to be located on the ground floor in the lobby of the Ryerson building - convenience address is 65 Dundas St W," but where is this vacant space?

I've long suspected that the poorly finished white wall behind the escalators was hiding additional retail space, but I've never seen a floor plan or leasing notice for the area.

Im guessing its going to be behind that white wall too. Thank God! It will make getting coffee while at work a lot easier!

Victoria Secret's is more than rumoured...look for them to open in Yorkdale and Sherway Gardens this year as well.

I think it's well-known Victoria's Secret is coming to Canada this year. It was in the Globe and Mail, at any rate. They said they were opening Pink in 2009, and Victoria's Secret in 2010. But it's interesting to hear the first three locations; they aren't surprising though. Maybe surprising Eaton Centre isn't there.

And I still don't see how it can take from now until Fall for their Square One store to open. A good portion of winter, all of spring, all of summer? That's like what, 8 months? I guess they must be doing an extensive renovation of the space.

I think it's well-known Victoria's Secret is coming to Canada this year. It was in the Globe and Mail, at any rate. They said they were opening Pink in 2009, and Victoria's Secret in 2010. But it's interesting to hear the first three locations; they aren't surprising though. Maybe surprising Eaton Centre isn't there.

And I still don't see how it can take from now until Fall for their Square One store to open. A good portion of winter, all of spring, all of summer? That's like what, 8 months? I guess they must be doing an extensive renovation of the space.

I don't think there's room at EC right now, is there?

I don't think there's room at EC right now, is there?

Cadillac Fairview will find a way to make room for Victoria's Secret, trust me. It's only a matter of time. If CF can make space at Sherway, they can make space at eaton centre

Back