News   Jul 23, 2024
 86     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 206     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 969     2 

New Urban Toronto - Post Your Comments Here

Finally, a recommendation that works. Thank you.

I agree, thanks! I did not have the horizontal scrolling problem on my MacBook, only on my PC at work. Fixed now, although I notice now that the 'log-in', notifications, settings, etc. buttons/boxes are almost entirely hidden behind the ads at the very top of the page. Perhaps it's to do with the mobile view, but I was also having a little bit of this over-lapping issue on the default view.

Double thanks to M II A II R II K, with the mobile view the light blue fonts go away!!! It is a million times better!

I agree, thanks! I did not have the horizontal scrolling problem on my MacBook, only on my PC at work. Fixed now, although I notice now that the 'log-in', notifications, settings, etc. buttons/boxes are almost entirely hidden behind the ads at the very top of the page. Perhaps it's to do with the mobile view, but I was also having a little bit of this over-lapping issue on the default view.

I've got that overlapping as well but moreso in the standard view; it improves when I switch to mobile view.

I've noticed that in some cases photos posted to the forums aren't appearing at their full size anymore. For example, the images I've put up (hosted on PhotoBucket) are 1024 pixels wide, but for some reason they appear smaller when viewed on UT – unless they're vertically oriented, in which case they appear at the proper size.

Is there some sort of "maximum image width" preference now that I've missed?

We updated the forum software and 750 seems the default width for vBulletin. Will look into it.

Are the "Pic of the day" and "Feature project" headers gone or just relocated? I liked them...

As headers they are gone. You can see them on the news page as features. The Photo Of The Day thread has also been revived in the photo/video section.

Red was the colour only for the last year. The previous decade it was blue. I got quite the earful last year when we went with red.

Plus I didn't think there was anything wrong with the way it looked before, and red has always been the colour of UT. Even the new logo isn't as good.

Seriously... still no font colour fix? It's like a 2 minute job.

Not to mention the horrible horizontal scrolling....

Both scrolling and colour will be addressed. We re-launched on Thursday morning. Thursday evening webmaster went to Boston on family matters so we've been on hold. He's back today and changes are coming.

Philosophically, I would say that the new design somewhat marginalizes the forum community component of the site. There is nothing wrong with this if that is the direction the site wants to go and it definately makes the site better with respect to monetization.

I don't think it marginalizes as much as adds to. If you don't like the news or database sections you can ignore them. Just bookmark the forum: http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/forum.php

The "light" blue font is perfectly readable to me. My monitor brightness/gamma has been adjusted for photo editing to match printer output, so it accurate. So the reason people can't read the font is because their screens are set way too bright. It would probably make more sense for people to have proper brightness/gamma settings for their monitor and windows desktop, instead of UT having to accommodate people's incorrect settings. But that's just my opinion.

The profile page is illegible. Click on anybody's profile. The white font on light blue background is invisible.

Back