News   Jul 23, 2024
 540     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 2.5K     3 

New retail on Steeles Ave E, near Markham road

adeel

Member Bio
Reaction score
On steeles ave e, between middlefield and markham road has seen much activity. Walmart and Lowes just opened, the big open/cleared area was the site for the proposed landmark mall and the strip with walmart/lowes is also building units for banks/retail. (You also cant forget the dull/cheap retail/office units opened on the southeast corner/side of markham road and steeles)

So far in banking row, the RBC and BMO banks have opened, with Scotia and HSBC set to open soon. An LCBO and 2001 Audio/Video are expecting to open soon. However, there are at least 2 or 3 other tenants expected to open in these developments.

Just wondering if anyone has any insight into what else will be opening in this area.

Supposed to be a bunch of restaurant and service pads along Steeles and a massive multi-story Asian mall (like Pacific Mall).

Supposed to be a bunch of restaurant and service pads along Steeles and a massive multi-story Asian mall (like Pacific Mall).

Yup was aware of the Asian mall - The Landmark - which I believe is in financing limbo at the moment.

In terms of the 'pads', any idea of tenants in addition to what i listed below? I think there are is space for at least 2/3 wel known retailers.

Back