News   Sep 27, 2024
 731     0 
News   Sep 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Sep 27, 2024
 489     0 

New LRT Q&A Thread

The ramp is activated by the passenger upon request to the operator. The operator doesn't even have to leave his cab - there will be cameras inside and outside monitoring everything, and so all he or she will have to do is flip a switch to allow the buttons around the second doorway to operate it.

As well, it is not a flip-out, but a modular slide-out ramp like virtually all of the low-floor LRVs built use.
That sounds better than I thought. I wonder why Bombardier doesn't use something like that on the GO Trains, instead of having the conductor install the manual ramp at every station.

Extra 7 metres isn't it. New streetcars are 30 metres long as far as I know. And aren't the existing ones 23 metres, not 24?

But most of the streetcars are CLRVs not ALRVs, so the new cars are about twice as long as the old ones.

Are they? In Steve Munro's fact sheet, it says the existing articulated streetcars are 24 meters and the "Replacement streetcar for TTC legacy network" are 28 meters. I didn't mean the "New Metrolinx LRV" which seems to use a standard gauge and so, presumably, won't be running on existing streetcar tracks that we have now.

Good point about most current streetcars being CLRVs though.

Are they? In Steve Munro's fact sheet, it says the existing articulated streetcars are 24 meters and the "Replacement streetcar for TTC legacy network" are 28 meters. I didn't mean the "New Metrolinx LRV" which seems to use a standard gauge and so, presumably, won't be running on existing streetcar tracks that we have now.

Good point about most current streetcars being CLRVs though.
It's not Steve Munro's fact sheet. It's Metrolinx's fact sheet that Steve reposted. It's also quite dated. 30.2 metres seems to be the number reported these days - see http://lrv.ttc.ca/Meet_Your_New_Ride.aspx . As far as I know, the ALRV length is 75.7 feet - 23.1 metres.

Back