News   May 01, 2024
 910     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 270     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 340     0 

Neptune Condos at WaterParkCity (Lifetime, Lanterra Developments) - Real Estate -

George, what is your advice regarding selling at neptune?
Options:
i. Assignment sale before occupancy
ii. After occupancy
iii. After final closing

Kev,

i .... most buyers want to see what there are buying hence before occupancy is a floorplan sale or some pics taken during your pdi, also most will want great discounts to market value because they will use what I said against you with excuses, good for seller is you dont have to come up with the occupancy deposit, usually a further 5 to 10% and pay the occupancy fees

ii.... better time ... buyers get to see unit, but still will want a discount becuase of the closing costs and you the seller may have to pay an assignment fee $3,000 to $5000 to buiider, most of my deals at Nep had $0 fee, buyers position is still wants below market value, assignments usually are below market, for reasons of deposits, profit and closing cost issues

iii.... you have to pay closing costs and a negative maybe an empty unit for the investor, so paying all occup fees from occ period to closing usually 6 to 9 months

The other issue is if you think the market will tank by the time you close the unit, then you may want to assign to secure the gains, there are other smaller details, but I dont want to bore you and write a book

Thanks, George, for explaining.

One more thing I wanted to know: Is this true that regardless of what stage the seller is selling, he does not get his money (including initial deposit and profit) until final closing? Or is there any way to get the money back at the time of transaction (asignment sale) as opposed to the final closing?

Regards,

I was told by the Lanterra design centre that Neptune condos do not come with potlights as upgrades. In other words I have no choice but to wait until after closing to have my own potlights I have never heard of any builder not offering potlights as upgrades.

Does anyone know why they are not offering?

I have heard it is not easy to do it after closing as it all concrete etc.

Back